Made in nowhere near Chelsea: Where all the current cast members are actually from

It’s all a lie!

Shock: As Made in Chelsea has gone on, less and less members of the cast are actually from Chelsea. The show used to be about watching the richest 20-somethings from the posh London suburb spending all their money and causing drama with one another. Nowadays, you just have to be one thing to get on the show: Posh.

From those who are actually from London, to other cast members who are from all over the world and couldn’t be less “made in” Chelsea if they tried – here’s where all the current cast members of Made in Chelsea are actually from. Spoiler alert, for most it’s not where the show says they are.

Ollie Locke

Where all the current cast members of Made in Chelsea are actually from

via Instagram @ollielockeworld

Not even Ollie Locke, who has been in the show since day one, is from Chelsea. He is MIC through and through, the richest current cast member and the backbone of the show. The only thing is, he’s actually from…Southampton. He then went to Embley Park boarding school in Romsey, Hampshire.

Sophie ‘Habbs’ Habboo

via Instagram @habboosophie

Habbs might be a favourite Made in Chelsea cast member, but she’s not even from London at all. She was born and raised in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.

Olivia Bentley

via Instagram @oliviabentleyk

Liv is Chelsea posh, but not actually from there. She was actually born and grew up in Oxfordshire. She went to the same exclusive boarding school as Sam Thompson, Bradfield College in Reading and recently her family estate in Oxfordshire went on the market for £50million. Yes, £50million.

Sophie Hermann

via Instagram @sophiehermann

We all know Sophie Hermann is MIC’s answer to German royalty. She is originally from Munich, Germany. She then grew up in Switzerland, and lives in London now. She studied fashion in Milan, before becoming a fashion designer and social media influencer. Sophie is basically just on the show because she’s really, really posh.

Fredrik Ferrier

via Instagram @fredrikferrier

Fredik also is not from Chelsea. He is half English and half Icelandic, and was born in Surrey but raised in Norway. As a child, Fredrik travelled a lot, spreading his youth across Russia, America, Iceland and Denmark.

Maeva D’Ascanio

via Instagram @maevadascanio

It’s no secret that MIC’s resident classic insult thrower and drama starter isn’t actually from Chelsea. Maeva was born in Paris, France. Her parents are still based in France.

James Taylor

via Instagram @jamestaylorldn

Maeva’s boyfriend, James Taylor, is from London. James went to Regent’s University London and studied Global Business Management from 2014-2018.

Digby Edgley

via Instagram @digby_edgley

Digby is a London boy, and then went to a boarding school in Somerset.

Miles Naziare

via Instagram @milesjnazaire

Miles was born in London, but grew up between Notting Hill and the South of France. His family heritage is French.

Ruby Adler

via Instagram @rubyadler

Ruby is from London, and grew up there with her family. She now works as a modelling agent, working for Chelsea-based agency Storm.

Sam Thompson

via Instagram @samthompsonuk

Both Sam and Louise Thompson were born and grew up in south Kensington, London. Sam hasn’t spent all of his life in Chelsea, he went to an exclusive boarding school, Bradfield College, which is in Reading. He’s now living in Chelsea in a fancy townhouse he has renovated with Zara McDermott.

Reza Amiri-Garrousi

via Instagram @rezamcfly

Reza Amiri-Garrousi, introduced in the show as Sam’s friend, is also from London. He attended fancy Epsom College, which is a favourite among Made in Chelsea cast members.

Verity Bowditch

via Instagram @veritybowditch

Verity is also not from Chelsea. She grew up in the Dorset countryside before heading to London and going to King’s College, where she graduated from in 2016 with a degree in Biomedical Science. Her family are still based in the Dorset countryside, whilst Verity now lives in the capital.

Tristan Phipps

via Instagram @tristan.phipps

Tristan Phipps wins the award for the cast member who is from the furthest place away from Chelsea. He was born in South Africa and moved back to the UK as a child. He has since gone back to South Africa and has worked as a safari guide.

Julius Cowdrey

via Instagram @jlcowdrey

You guessed it! Julius isn’t from Chelsea either. The now singer, songwriter and record producer was born in Canterbury, Kent. He is of Swedish descent on his mother’s side.

Emily Blackwell

via Instagram @emily.blackwell_

I guess you’re seeing a pattern here, because Emily Blackwell is from Surrey… not Chelsea. Emily joined Made in Chelsea as Jessica Woodley’s best friend, and right now she works as a model.

Harvey Armstrong

via Instagram @harveyarmstrong_uk

It looks like Harvey Armstrong might actually be from Chelsea!! Finally!! Harvey is a chartered accountant and owns Prime Time Lager. He has also been playing rugby for years – he’s a fullback and currently plays for Gibraltar Rugby. He’s done rugby tours all over Europe.

Inga Valentiner

via Instagram @inga.valentiner

Inga is from London and joined the show after having lived in Bali for four years, where she lived with a group of girl friends.

Paris Smith

via Instagram @ladyparissmith

Paris is posh, posh, and she’s actually from London. She attended The Hampshire School in Chelsea, before enrolling at The Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, also in London.

Mel Hornbostel

via Instagram @mel.amber

Newbie Mel definitely isn’t from Chelsea. The 26-year-old was born in Brussels, Belgium and moved to Toronto in Canada when she was young. She speaks French, and clearly sees Toronto as the place she views more as home, sharing pictures from a recent trip with the caption: “Home is where the heart is 🍁”.