Victoria Pedretti and Dylan Arnold both auditioned for *very* different roles in YOU

Oh what could have been!

YOU stars Victoria Pedretti and Dylan Arnold have both revealed they originally auditioned for very different roles than who they ended up playing in the Netflix series. As we know it, Victoria Pedretti plays Love Quinn and Dylan Arnold joined the season three cast as Theo Engler.

However, things could have been very different because Victoria Pedretti originally auditioned for the role of Beck in season one, and Theo auditioned to be Joe Goldberg himself, and Love’s brother Forty in season two.

Victoria Pedretti and Dylan Arnold auditioned for different roles in Netflix series YOU

via Netflix

In an interview with Byrdie, Victoria was asked about auditioning for the role of Beck during her senior year of college. “I auditioned for Beck during my first time in LA while I was showcasing with my university,” she said. “I got pretty far in the audition process. It was the furthest I had ever gotten in an audition process. I didn’t really think about it after that. Then, the show came out on Lifetime. I heard some buzz from people who enjoyed the show.”

When she wasn’t cast in this role it gave her the chance to go on and be Nell in The Haunting of Hill House, and this is how the YOU creators saw her in action and asked her about joining the cast of YOU for season two. “I haven’t even talked to them [the creators] about whether or not they remember me auditioning for Beck, to be honest,” she added. “But we started having conversations about the show. I was able to meet with Penn Badgley, and the rest is history.”

via Netflix

Speaking of his audition process with Teen Vogue, Dylan Arnold said: “So I auditioned for Joe for season one, and then I auditioned for Forty for season two, and now, third time’s the charm, I got Theo in season three. So my relationship with the show goes way back.”

He said that he went to college with Elizabeth Lail, who played Beck in season one, so he had watched the first few episodes of the show. He added: “It wasn’t until I got the audition for the third season that I went back and was like ‘okay, let me watch the second season and get the tone of the show’. I wound up bingeing the entire second season in two and a half days, which I’ve never done with another show I’ve auditioned for. I feel very lucky to be part of the third season, I actually became a huge fan of the show when I was auditioning, so it worked out.”

“YOU is one of those shows that is just so well done and so well-executed and and so well-written that it feels like a great opportunity every time it comes around,” he said.

Season three of YOU is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.