This is what the cast of Squid Game on Netflix are all like in real life

In short, they all have no business being this good looking

Right now, there’s no moving for Squid Game. It’s all over Twitter, all over TikTok, is number one on Netflix in every single country it has been released in and you’ve probably been peer pressured into watching it harder than you were peer pressured into having your first cigarette at a tragic house party. It really has got its hold on us, and rightly so, the show is amazing. Given that the show has had such global success, for the most of us this is the first time we have seen any of the Squid Game cast members before – but we’re already obsessed.

In the show the characters are very much that – huge characters. That’s what makes the show such an emotional rollercoaster. So, you’re probably wondering what they’re all like in real life, when they’re not dressed up in green tracksuits and playing children’s games with life and death consequences.

Here is the cast of Squid Game on Netflix, and a little about what they are all like in real life. Read with caution: A deep, deep obsession with them all will follow.

Seong Gi-hun – Lee Jung-Jae

What the cast of Netflix series Squid Game are like in real life, Age, Instagram, Seong Gi-hun, Lee Jung-Jae

via Netflix / Instagram

Our fav character, Gi-hun, is played by Lee Jung-Jae. Lee Jung-jae is a South Korean actor and model. He started his career as a model, before going into TV. In real life, Jung-jae is 48-years-old and has a Master’s degree in Theatre and Film. He also studied interior design and is known for launching a chain of upscale Italian restaurants in Seoul named after his movie Il Mare!!

He only started his Instagram account two days ago, and already has 2.6million followers (and counting, Squid Game is ridiculously popular). His handle is @from_jjlee.

Cho Sang-woo – Park Hae-soo

Cho Sang-woo, Park Hae-soo

via Netflix / Instagram

Sang-woo is played by South Korean actor, Park Hae-soo. In real life he is 39-years-old and has one child – he announced he had welcomed his first son just last week. He’s been married to his wife since 2019. Hae-soo appears in the Korean adaptation of Money Heist.

He too has only just launched an Instagram account, which seems to be a trend among the actors now Squid Game has become so popular. Within days he got a million followers, and now has 1.6million His handle is @haesoopark_official.

Kang Sae-byeok – HoYeon Jung

What the cast of Netflix series Squid Game are like in real life, Age, Instagram, Kang Sae-byeok, HoYeon Jung

via Netflix / Instagram

Ok, you need to get to know HoYeon Jung, who plays Sae-byeok in Squid Game. In real life, Squid Game is the first major acting role for HoYeon, and she’s actually a very successful model with millions of Instagram followers. She is 27-years-old, born in 1994 in Seoul, South Korea. She has two siblings, and was revealed to be dating actor Lee Dong Hwi in 2016.

She started modelling aged 16, and was dubbed “Korea’s next top model” by Vogue, and did actually appear in the show’s fourth season – where she placed second. HoYeon Jung clearly has a lot of loyal fans, with 17million Instagram followers. Her handle is @hoooooyeony.

Oh Il-nam – Oh Young-soo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUmjXi9MzsI/

Oh Young-soo is 76 in real life and is one of our favourite Squid Game cast members, playing the old man, Il-nam. His acting roles include playing a monk, a lot. He played a monk in A Little Monk and in Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring. He doesn’t have any social media accounts, but there are a lot of fan pages for him.

Abdul Ali – Anupam Tripathi

What the cast of Netflix series Squid Game are like in real life, Age, Instagram, Abdul Ali, Anupam Tripathi

Ugh, Ali. The man we all shed so many tears over. He is played by Anupam Tripathi, an Indian actor who has appeared in various South Korean television series and films. In real life he is 32 and from New Delhi. He began training in singing and acting in 2006 before moving to South Korea in 2010 to attend Korea National University of Arts. He started acting in plays and doing commercials in his third year at uni.

Abdul Ali - Anupam Tripathi

via Instagram @sangipaiya

Anupam Tripathi has over two million Instagram followers and his account is the most wholesome thing on the internet right now. I am obsessed. He’s shared loads of Squid Game pictures as well as other pics of him loving life and enjoying his career. It’s what he deserves. His handle is @sangipaiya.

Hwang Jun-ho – Wi Ha-joon

Hwang Jun-ho, Wi Ha-joon

via Netflix / Instagram

Wi Ha-joon joins the Squid Game cast as the police officer, Hwang Jun-ho. In real life, Ha-joon is a 30-year-old South Korean actor and model. To be honest, he has no business being this fit. Wow. Just look. Incredible.

He has 7million Instagram followers and his posts should come with a caution: hot contents warning. His handle is @wi__wi__wi. 

Han Mi-nyeo – Kim Joo-ryung

What the cast of Netflix series Squid Game are like in real life, Age, Instagram, Han Mi-nyeo, Kim Joo-ryung

via Netflix / Instagram

Mi-nyeo is played by South Korean actress, Kim Joo-ryung. The 45-year-old has been in Korean dramas Kingmaker: The Change of Destiny and When My Love Blooms. She has 1.3million followers on Instagram, and is clearly friends with the actor who plays Ali in Squid Game, posting a photo of them together captioned “my bro prince of India” – I am here for it. Her handle is @kimjooryoung.

Jang Deok-su – Heo Sung-tae

Jang Deok-su - Heo Sung-tae

via Netflix / Instagram

Everyone’s favourite Squid Game tough guy is played by Heo Sung-tae, who is surprisingly wholesome (and not as scary) in real life. He’s a 44-year-old South Korean actor with over 60 film and television credits. On his Instagram, where he has 1.5million followers, he shares loads of selfies with his fellow cast members, and pictures with his cat. Not very Jang Deok-su at all. His Instagram handle is @heosungtae.

According to reports, Heo Sung-tae started out in the acting world very late. He studied Russian language and culture at Pusan ​​National University and then worked at LG Electronics’ overseas business marketing team. He was dubbed “King of TV sales” in Russia. He appeared on a talent show and then get into acting, where most of his roles are the villain.

Ji-yeong – Lee Yoo-mi

What the cast of Netflix series Squid Game are like in real life, Age, Instagram, Ji-yeong, Lee Yoo-mi

via Netflix / Instagram

Lee Yoo-mi is a South Korean actress and she plays Ji-yeong in Squid Game on Netflix. She has had roles in 365: Repeat of the Year, Hostage: Missing Celebrity and Doctor John after her TV debut in 2010. In real life, Lee Yoo-mi is 27 and has 5.5million Instagram followers. She shares loads of photoshoot snaps and behind the scenes pictures with the Squid Game cast. Her handle is @leeyoum262.

Squid Game is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.