Introducing Sam Rason: Amy Hart’s new boyfriend who was once in an Aldi advert

He’s known as Aldi’s ‘hunky hot cross bun man’ and went to Bournemouth uni

Since she was on Love Island, Amy Hart hasn’t exactly shied away from the fact that she is famously unlucky in love. She went on the show saying she’d never had a boyfriend, and then went on Celebs Go Dating, still having not found the one. But now, Amy has gone public with an all new man – model Sam Rason.

As well as being a model, Sam is the founder of his own business, is a uni grad and yep, he’s been in an Aldi advert. Classic. Here’s everything we know about him.

Who is Sam Rason? Meet the new boyfriend of Love Island star Amy Hart

via Instagram @amyhartxo

Amy Hart went public with her new boyfriend over the weekend

Over the weekend, Love Island alumni Amy Hart went official with Sam Rason, posting a couple of pictures of them together. On Instagram she shared two pics of them, captioned: “Good things come to those who wait”. On her story she added another picture, captioned: “We are very happy, and to those saying this has given them hope, don’t settle. Wait for the right person. They will come.” Loads of ex-Islanders shared how happy they are for her in the comments, and one comment of good wishes came from Celebs Go Dating expert, Paul C Brunson.

“Only gone and got myself a bloody boyfriend,” Amy said, posting the same pictures on Twitter. “Thanks for all the lovely messages, very happy,” she added. Amy didn’t tag the mystery man in any of the posts, but it has since been confirmed as Sam Rason.

via Instagram @amyhartxo

Sam Rason is a model and entrepreneur

Sam is London based and works as a model and an entrepreneur. On Twitter, Sam describes his “day job” as being a WeChat Mini Program Expert, adding that he’s a Spurs fan too. His LinkedIn states that he is the Founder at VIVACITY and that WeChat Mini Programs is a company “to convert your Chinese sales opportunity”. The company basically helps to connect brands with customers in China.

Sam went to Bournemouth University from 2007 to 2011 and graduated with a BA in International Business. “This course opened my eyes to the world of consumer behaviour and cross-cultural marketing. It spurred my interest in what makes consumers tick and how culture affects buying behaviour,” he said. 

Sam Rason was also once in an Aldi advert, and is now known as the ‘hunky hot cross bun man’

As well as his business work, one of his definite career highlights is when Sam’s modelling career landed him the role in Aldi’s Easter 2016 advert. He played a shirtless man mowing his lawn, and his modelling agency shared the clip on YouTube with the caption: “Sam Rason Has All The Ladies Checking Out His Buns In An Easter Promo For ALDI. He Looks Great!”

Sam clearly loves the exposure he got from the advert, because his Instagram bio reads “Hot Cross Bun Man 2016 & Opportunist”. He has 17.5k followers, but unfortunately if you’re looking for cute snaps of him and Amy, his account is private.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.