Season 3 Drag Race UK guest judges

Meet the latest announced celeb guest judges on RuPaul’s Drag Race UK season three

Nicola Coughlan, Russell Tovey and Lulu are the latest announced judges

With not long to go until season 3 of Drag Race UK is bing bang bongs back onto our screen, and after dropping the sickening cast of new queens competing last week, even more season 3 Drag Race UK guest judges have been announced. The cast is truly iconic and taking on BIG HUN VIBES. I cannot wait.

Strictly icon Oti Mabuse and comedy legends Kathy Burke and Matt Lucas were the first three who were announced to be joining Alan Carr, Graham Norton, Michelle Visage and RuPaul herself on the panel to put the new queens through their paces. But earlier today over on Twitter, Drag Race UK announced we have three more raging huns coming to judge. First up is Charity Shop Sue as well as choreographer Jay Revell and every single member of Steps – this is peak hun culture. Here are the announced guest judges of season 3 of Drag Race UK:

Nicola Coughlan

Drag Race superfan and icon of Derry Girls Nicola Coughlan has been revealed as the latest guest judge, and I’m not sure if we’re more excited or if she is. Nicola has been a huge fan of the franchise for years, saying: “I used to go to see all the Queens when I had no money working as a waitress and I’d save up all of my money to see Shangela in The Black Cap in Camden so I felt very qualified. It was one of the best days of my life, I can’t lie!”

Nicola said her judging style is very supportively constructive, because she knows how hard each queen works on their craft. She also stated that her drag name would be Kylie Gender – and reshared this tweet of her iconic Drag Race stanning:

Russell Tovey

Gay actor Russell Tovey has also been announced as being a judge this year, and said that being a judge made him feel like he’d “won a competition”. He declared his drag name to be Ruth Top Garden, which is a bit iconic.

Lulu

Pop icon and music legend Lulu said she wanted to be a part of the show after getting hooked on Drag Race in the pandemic. “During lockdown, this was one of the most fun, entertaining, glamorous, camp ways to spend an evening. After watching the show I always felt uplifted….. it was the best tonic!” She also described her time on the show as “walking on air”.

Nadine Coyle

The Girls Aloud icon that is Nadine Coyle has just been announced as Snatch Game’s special guest – following in the iconic footsteps of Gemma THEE Collins last year. Hoping Nadine also gets a spot on the judging panel so we can hopefully get the lip sync to a Girls Aloud banger that we all deserve. Speaking about her time on the show, Nadine said: “It was great to be part of the show! I met my long time love Ru and I got to see the new seasons queens up close!”

Judi Love

Another queen that’s just been announced as featuring on season three of Drag Race UK is comedian Judi Love. Judi Love is booked and busy, she’s just finished being a regular on the daft but great This Is My House and has been announced for the upcoming season of Strictly.

Charity Shop Sue

Series 3 Drag Race UK guest judges

Cultural British hun Charity Shop Sue is an iconic woman. She’s so camp and has the entire nation in a chokehold. She is everything to me and more. She has the best one liners and has an iconic presence everywhere she goes. Scuse me Ru, get this laydeh on stage naaaawwwww.

Steps

5,6,7…8! Now if Ru doesn’t make one lip sync challenge a Steps song, I will be complaining to Ofcom because that will be a total TRAGEDY.

Jay Revell 

Award-winning choreographer Jay Revell is coming back to Drag Race uK to help showcase the queens’ dancing talent. He’s choreographed for bands like Little Mix before and he’s no stranger to Ru Paul. I am buzzing to have him back and putting the queens through their paces.

Oti Mabuse

Drag Race UK guest judges

Via BBC

Fresh off her winning victory with Bill Bailey in the 2020 season of Strictly Come Dancing, Oti is joining the panel to lend her years of dancing expertise to the queens – which will definitely come in handy when a rusical puts the girls through their paces. Oti said she had a fantastic time on set. “It felt surreal – I’ve watched every episode since season one in the States, Canada, Down Under and I was excited to be on the UK one and meet the queens and work with them.”

When asked what her drag name would be, Oti said “Afriqa Alaganza, from the house of Alaganza!”

Matt Lucas

Comedian Matt Lucas has been a household name in the UK for years following his work on Little Britain and in musical theatre roles on the West End. On joining the Drag Race UK guest judge panel, Matt described himself as a “silly judge” and said “it was on my bucket list to be on the show, but my years of wearing tights are behind me, so I was both relieved and delighted to be asked to be on the panel! I was hugely impressed by the brilliance and invention on the show, and it was one of the most entertaining days I’ve ever had.”

Kathy Burke

Comedy ICON Kathy Burke is joining the guest judges on Drag Race UK this season and I literally might wet myself with excitement. Kathy has said if she could describe her time on the show in one word it would be “important”.

“I’m a big Drag Race fan, so It was absolutely brilliant to meet RuPaul and Michelle Visage  – and I loved the very-kind-to-old- ladies lighting.” Kathy also said her drag name would be Pam Demic, which is the most iconic thing I’ve ever heard.

Featured image courtesy of BBC. Watch the full Meet The Queens video on BBC iPlayer

Recommended stories by this writer:

• All Stars 6 needs to crown Kylie Sonique Love as the first ever transgender Drag Race winner

• These are the 16 RuPaul’s Drag Race queens that would be the most fun on a night out

• The worst entrance looks from every season of RuPaul’s Drag Race