Where in the UK you need to be from to have the best chance of getting onto Love Island

Can’t believe my parents raised me in Birmingham, how unbelievably selfish

Love Island is notoriously difficult to get a spot on. Literally hundreds of thousands of people applied for the 2021 series, and the majority of them don’t stand a chance because of how competitive it is, and given how the producers have become known for scouting people who didn’t even apply anyway. So, what if there was a certain type of person that the show is actually looking for? Maybe the secret to actually being a successful Love Island applicant lies simply in where in the UK you are from.

Boux Avenue has done some research to find out if your postcode can affect your application for the show. It has done some digging and found out which regions have produced the most contestants to date (before this series) and where in the UK you need to be from if you want to give yourself the best shot at grabbing that £50k.

Love Island: Where you need to be from to get onto the show and where producers the most winners

via Instagram @mollymae

Which places in the UK have the most Love Island contestants on the show been from?

1. London – 23 contestants

2. Essex – 16 contestants

3. Manchester – Seven contestants

4. Newcastle – Seven contestants

5. Scotland – Six contestants

6. Wales – Five contestants

7. Hertfordshire – Four contestants

8. Liverpool – Four contestants

9. Kent – Thee contestants

via Instagram @samiramighty

It’s probably no surprise that most past Islanders were born in the capital. London has produced 23 Islanders, including Nas Majeed (winter Love Island), Shaughna Phillips (winter), the Gale twins (winter), Luke Trotman (winter), Ovie Soko (series five), Anna Vakili (series five),  Josh Denzel (series four), Charlie Brake (series four), Samira Mighty (series four), Marcel Somerville (series three), Tina Stinnes (series two) and Luis Morrison (series one). Despite the highest number of contestants coming from London, there hasn’t been anyone from London who has actually gone on to win the show.

The next best place is Essex, where loads of contestants have called home. 16 grew up there, including Zara McDermott (series four), Sophie Piper (winter) and Kem Cetinay (series three). Coming in joint third is Manchester and Newcastle, each producing seven ex-Love Islanders, including the likes of Paige Turley (winter) and Amber Gill (series five).

via Instagram @zara_mcdermott

Then we have Scotland with six ex-Islanders, Wales with five, Hertfordshire with four, Liverpool with four and Kent with three. Some of the most memorable Islanders from these areas include Anton Danyluk (series five), Amber Davies (series three), Molly-Mae Hague (series five), Michael Griffiths (series five) and Cara De La Hoyde (series two).

And which UK area has produced the most Love Island winners?

via Instagram @kemcetinay

Right, so let’s get down to the serious business. If you want to actually win the whole damn show, your stars are aligned if you hail from Essex. There have been three Love Island winners from Essex, and these are: Kem Cetinay (series three), Nathan Massey (series two) and Dani Dyer (series four). So yep, there has literally been an Essex winner in half of the winning couples so far.

Love Island 2021 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.