Models, singers and graduates: Meet the WAGs of England’s Euro 2020 squad

I hope there’s a Rebekah Vardy of the group

WAGs are as much a part of the England football team as the players. More than just the “wives and girlfriends,” iconic WAGs have the potential to reach legendary status.

Take Cheryl Cole or Victoria Beckham for example. No one can forget the WAG golden era in the noughties, where everyone was more interested in which girlband member was at the side of the pitch than the people who were playing on it.

From supporting their partners, both on and off the pitch, to creating business empires (who didn’t love the Colleen perfume by Colleen Rooney?), being a WAG is a full-time job.

The WAGs of 2021 have great potential. The partners of the Euro 2020 England squad include a singer, a makeup artist and couple of graduates, proving that everybody has the chance to reach the coveted WAG status.

Megan Davison – Jordan Pickford

Megan Davison married her long-term partner Jordan Pickford in 2020. While Davison and Pickford had planned to marry in the Maldives, coronavirus restrictions meant that they instead got married in a registry office in Cheshire.

Megan studied at the University of Sunderland and graduated in 2018. Her and Jordan have a two year old son named Arlo. Megan recently shared a cute picture of the pair supporting Jordan at Wembley Stadium.

Megan has 53k followers on Instagram and regularly shares pictures of her glam lifestyle (a WAG necessity).

Kate Kane – Harry Kane

Harry Kane met his now wife Kate Kane at school, and the pair have been together ever since. They married in June 2019 and have two daughters, Ivy and Vivienne, and a son, Louis, born in December 2020.

Kate is a fitness instructor and sports science graduate, who has also grown an Instagram following of 159k followers, where she often shares pictures of the family.

Mia McClenaghan – Reece James

Mia McClenaghan is a recently graduated student and a new addition to the England Squad WAGs.

McClenaghan is rumoured to have met Reece James last year, and shared this picture of the two together, captioned “loml” (love of my life).

@miamcclenaghan

Despite being a newbie, Mia has over 20k followers on Instagram and shares glam pics that show her great WAG potential.

Fern Hawkins – Harry Maguire

Fern Hawkins met her now fiancé in 2011, when Maguire was playing for Sheffield United. They got engaged in 2018 and Hawkins gave birth to two daughters, Lillie Saint and Piper Rose, in 2019 and 2020 respectively.

Fern has a first class degree in science and physiotherapy, proving that it takes more than just looks to be an iconic WAG. She also has over 46k followers on Instagram,

Chloe Wealleans-Watts – Mason Mount

Mason Mount and Chloe Wealleans-Watts could be the next Posh and Becks. She is a member of girl band 303 and is believed to have been with Mount since 2017. The band has music on Spotify with over 9k monthly listeners, and 10k followers on the band’s Instagram account.

Wealleans-Watts also has nearly 30k followers on her personal Instagram account where she posts both personal pictures and modelling photos. She is also a professional model signed with London modelling agency, Storm Models.

Paige Milian – Raheem Stirling

Paige Milian is engaged to Raheem Sterling who scored England’s only goal against Croatia in the first match of the Euros. They became engaged in 2018 a year after their first son Thiago was born in 2017. The couple have since since gone on to have another son, Thai, born in 2019.

Paige used to work for JD Sports but has quit to support Sterling. She has over 78k Instagram followers and promotes Milian Property Group on her profile (hopefully the beginning of a Sterling/Milian brand).

Charlotte Trippier –  Kieran Trippier

Kieran Trippier married his wife Charlotte Trippier in 2016 and later that year Charlotte gave birth to the couple’s first son, Jacob. They have since had a daughter, Esme Trippier, in 2019.

Charlotte is comparatively a very private WAG and does not have public social media accounts (although Kieran often shares cute family photos on his Instagram).

Despite her reputation for privacy Charlotte and her children can often be spotted pitch side (an essential WAG location),  supporting Kieran at football matches.

Rebecca Cooke – Phil Foden

Phil and Rebecca met as teenagers, becoming parents to first son Ronnie in 2019 (when they were both only 18 at the time). They are expecting a baby girl later this year.

Like Charlotte, Rebecca does not have public social media accounts and keeps a relatively low profile.

Anouska Santos – Luke Shaw

Anouska and Luke have a son called Reign London, who was born in 2019.The family feature regularly on Anouska’s Instagram. Anouska and Luke have been dating since 2017 and Anouska has grown her Instagram account to 24k followers, where she shares pictures of her family, friends and holidays.

Ashleigh Behan – Kalvin Phillips

Girlfriend of Kalvin Phillips, Ashleigh is a makeup artist with over 15k followers on Instagram. She studied at the University of Leeds, graduating in 2016, and the pair live together in Leeds (Kalvin also plays for Leeds United).

It is yet to be seen if any of these women will reach the heights of WAG legend, but there may be a Rebekah Vardy within the line-up yet. We’ll have to wait and see.

Featured image via Instagram @megan_davison_