love island start date

Love Island is officially back in June!!!

This is the best news I’ve heard all year

Love Island is officially returning to screens in June this year and will run for the usual eight weeks, with the crew believed to be flying out on June 20th and the series to launch a week later.

Though the show usually has a start date of the beginning of June, this year season seven will be slightly pushed back due to COVID restrictions.

A source told the MailOnline: “Crew members are scheduled to fly out to Majorca on June 20 – with the series expected to launch a week later.

“The delayed launch date will not have an impact on the length of the series, with the show still running for a duration of eight weeks.

“Winter Love Island on the other hand has been ‘indefinitely postponed’ as bosses put all their energy until the summer series.”

via ITV

It’s believed all the contestants will be flown out and quarantined before filming began. Each contestant is said to be having their own chaperone and kept separate from the other Islanders to ensure their first meeting is on camera.

It was initially reported the show could be moving to Cornwall, but this no longer appears to be the plan. ITV will also reportedly have a location in Jersey on standby in case it is not possible to fly contestants over to Majorca for the Love Island season seven start date.

It’s also unclear if the host Laura Whitmore will be returning to her presenting role as she has just given birth to a daughter with Iain Stirling.

Featured image credit: ITV