Bridgerton season two will be released on Netflix NEXT WEEK

THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

Dearest Reader, it’s officially the best day in history, because it has been announced that Bridgerton will be returning for season two on Netflix NEXT WEEK.

It was initially thought that filming for the new episodes was about to commence this month, but a spokesperson for Netflix has now officially announced that this is actually for season three, and the second was filmed at the same time as the first, so is ready to go now. “We wanted to make this a special surprise for our very special viewers,” they told The Tab. “They deserve it”.

This season will cover the story of Anthony Bridgerton and it has previously been announced that Simone Ashley will play Anthony’s love interest. Simone is best known for her role as Olivia in Sex Education and will play Kate Sharma, who is called Kate Sheffield in the Bridgerton books by Julia Quinn.

An insider from the show told The Tab: “There’s going to be SO much more in this season. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Duke fully dressed on set, he is ALWAYS naked and everyone loves it. Anthony gets his bum out again and we might even throw in some extra surprises. I’m so excited. I haven’t slept since January.”

via Netflix

Netflix also announced that there would be more new cast members in the second season, but has chosen to keep this under-wraps for the big reveal next week.

In a statement exclusively to The Tab, Netflix said: “We are so excited to reveal the new episodes will all go live on Friday 9th April. Happy bingeing!!”

After its release, Bridgerton season one became the most watched original series Netflix has ever had – so it was no surprise that the scandalous period drama got quickly renewed for a second season. It’s even been rumoured that there could be eight seasons – one for each of the Julia Quinn novels the series is being based on.

BEFORE YOU GET TOO EXCITED, HAPPY APRIL FOOLS’ DAY!

I am so, so sorry.

For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.