waking up in the morning tiktok audio

The story behind the ‘Waking up in the morning’ TikTok audio is actually kinda sad

I just wish things would get better 😿

TikTok is currently rife with people sharing embarassing (but hilarious) stories of times in the past when they said and did a whole range of stupid things, and it’s all thanks to the “Waking up in the morning” TikTok audio. If you haven’t heard it, essentially it’s the voice of a little girl sadly singing a song about how worried she is and how she wishes things will get better in her life – and I’m pretty sure this is everyone’s favourite TikTok audio at the moment.

In fact, it may well be everyone’s favourite TikTok audio of all time, but where did the waking up in the morning TikTok audio come from? Who is even singing it? And what is the backstory behind the viral audio? Here’s everything we know about the waking up in the morning TikTok audio.

@sophiepecorajust wait it keeps getting better😭♬ original sound – Amir Yass

Where does the “Waking up in the morning” TikTok audio come from?

Of all the shows that you’d expect this sound clip to come from you perhaps wouldn’t think it would be The Real Housewives of New Jersey, but that’s exactly where it originated.

In the 16th episode of the third season, Gia Giudice sings a song about the drama happening between her mum, Teresa Giudice, and her uncle Joe Gorga. This happened back in 2011, but someone uploaded it to YouTube for your viewing pleasure:

The lyrics are as follows: “Waking up in the morning thinking about so many things I just wish things would get better I’m trying to get rid of them but nothing seems to stay the same woke up in the morning doing my hair getting my clothes on walking into school.”

And it just keeps going after that. Like, literal paragraphs of lyrics. As tough as it seemed for Gia to sing the song about a family feud that clearly made her very upset, I am impressed that there wasn’t at least a smile in the room. Regardless, Gia has now grown up and is looking a whole lot happier than in this video.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Gia Giudice (@_giagiudice)

And that’s it! So now you know everything about where the audio came from, you’ll be pleased to learn that people are sharing their most embarrassing life moments using the audio, so here are some of the best – every single one of these is absolute gold:

@michaelslagelyikes ##greenscreen ##Coming2America ##arianagrande ##arianator ##ariana ##meetandgreet ##embarrased ##awkward ##victorious ##homediy ##viral ##fyp ##positions♬ original sound – Amir Yass

@brodarragh##fyp♬ original sound – Amir Yass

@zps18xothe amount of friends I have now, portrayed in photos😭 ##OurHouse2021 ##sad♬ original sound – Amir Yass

@elizabethao037By far the most embarrassing moment of my life! ##QuickerPickerRapper ##fyp♬ original sound – Amir Yass