The trailer for season six of Line of Duty is finally here!!

Actual SHIVERS

The trailer for Line of Duty season six has finally dropped and it looks as dramatic as you would expect.

The trailer shows AC-12 about to take on the investigation behind a murder case – and whether or not corrupt officers are the reason it is still unsolved. The synopsis of episode one, according to IMDb, reads: “As an SIO on an unsolved murder, DCI Joanne Davidson’s unconventional conduct raises suspicions at AC-12.”

Line of Duty, season six, series, six, new, trailer, first look, watch, clip, BBC

via BBC

The sixth season will see the return of Adrian Dunbar, Vicky McClure and Martin Compston as the show’s regular AC-12 officers, Hastings, Fleming and Arnott.

The show has also added Kelly Macdonald, Shalom Brune-Franklin and Andi Osho to its cast. Kelly Macdonald plays DCI Joanne Davidson – the senior investigating officer of the unsolved murder, who raises suspicions at AC-12. Shalom Brune-Franklin joins the ranks as DC Chloe Bishop, whereas the BBC has been much more secretive over the role played by Andi Osho. If the trailer is anything to go by, it looks as though Andi Osho’s role could be some sort of reporter close to the case.

via BBC

At the end of last month, BBC announced the new season will air on BBC One on March 21st at 9pm. There will be seven episodes, once a week at the same time each week. BBC announced the series was to have seven episodes, over the usual six, just as an added treat seeing as we’ve waited so long.

Watch the full Line of Duty series six trailer here:

Just hearing the music again gives me chills. I. CAN’T. WAIT.