These are all the real life ages of the cast of Ginny and Georgia on Netflix

One is a decade older than their teen character

It’s a bit of a given now that when Netflix releases a drama with teens in, or one that’s based at a school, the ages of the cast members will be a lot older than they are made out to be – and Ginny and Georgia is no different.

The series follows mother and daughter duo, Ginny and Georgia, as they move to a new town to try and make a fresh start. Outspoken Ginny has always struggled to make friends, but seems to settle in with a new friendship group at her new school. Then all the drama starts to unfold, of course.

In the show, the teens are said to be 15 and at high school. But in real life, the actors who play them are a lot older. Here are all the real life ages of the cast of Ginny and Georgia, compared to how old their characters are in the Netflix show.

Brianne Howey – Georgia Miller

Age in real life: 31

Ginny and Georgia, Netflix, cast, ages, age, in real life, characters, show, series, Georgia, Brianne Howey

via Netflix

She’s not one of the teen cast members, but still – Brianne Howey plays Georgia, the mother in duo Ginny and Georgia. She’s said to have had Ginny when she was 15, and is 30 now. She’s actually only one year older than her character in the show – Brianne was born on May 24th 1989, making her 31.

Antonia Gentry – Ginny Miller

Age in real life: 23

Ginny and Georgia, Netflix, cast, ages, age, in real life, characters, show, series, Ginny, Antonia Gentry

via Netflix

Antonia Gentry plays 15-year-old Ginny Miller. In real life the actress is 23, meaning there is an eight year age gap between her and her character.

Felix Mallard – Marcus

Age in real life: 22

Marcus, Netflix, age, how old, Felix Mallard

via Netflix

Felix Mallard plays Marcus, who is also 15 and at school with Ginny. He was born on April 20th in 1998, making him 22 in real life. His age isn’t the only thing he’s disguising in the series, he’s also an Aussie!!

Sara Waisglass – Maxine

Age in real life: 22

Ginny and Georgia, Netflix, cast, ages, age, in real life, characters, show, series, Maxine, Max, how old, Sara Waisglass

via Netflix

Max is Marcus’ twin sister, and soon becomes besties with Ginny at school. She’s played by Sara Waisglass who is 22 and was born on July 3rd 1998. So she’s only a couple of months younger than her on-screen twin.

Katie Douglas – Abby

Age in real life: 22

Abby, Katie Douglas, how old, Netflix

via Netflix

Katie Douglas plays another quarter of the MANG friendship group (Max, Abby, Norah and Ginny, obvs). Abby is 15 in the series, but Katie is 22 in real life meaning her and her character have a seven year age gap. She was born on October 19th 1998 and is the youngest of the high school cast.

Chelsea Clark – Norah

Age in real life: 22

Ginny and Georgia, Netflix, cast, ages, age, in real life, characters, show, series, Chelsea Clark, Norah

via Netflix

Chelsea Clark plays Norah, another of Ginny’s new friends at school. She’s also a 15-year-old student, but in real life Chelsea was born on May 5th 1998, making her 22. There’s a seven year age gap between Chelsea and her Netflix character.

Mason Temple – Hunter

Age in real life: 25

Ginny and Georgia, Netflix, cast, ages, age, in real life, characters, show, series, Mason Temple, Hunter

via Netflix

Mason Temple was born on January 17th 1996, making him the oldest of all the cast members who play 15-year-old sophomores. There’s a 10 year age gap between him and his character, Hunter.

Nikki Roumel – Young Georgia

Age in real life: 20

Ginny and Georgia, Netflix, cast, ages, age, in real life, characters, show, series, Nikki Roumel, Young Georgia

via Netflix

In Ginny and Georgia, Nikki Roumel plays young Georgia, in flashback scenes to when she was a teen. In the scenes, Georgia is meant to be leading up to when she is 15 and has Ginny, so Nikki is at least five years older than the character she portrays.

Ginny and Georgia is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.