Behind Her Eyes on Netflix is being called ‘jaw-dropping’, ‘wild’ and ‘unpredictable’

The psychological thriller has been released today and everyone is hooked

Netflix has just added another ridiculously twisted psychological thriller, and reviews of Behind Her Eyes have made it clear we’re all going to become pretty obsessed with this one. Great news.

The six-part drama is about a single mother who begins an affair with her new boss, before secretly befriending his mysterious wife too. This of course gets her into a huge web of lies and secrets. It’s based on the book with the same name by Sarah Pinborough.

Here’s everything you need to know about Behind Her Eyes, including what all the early reviews have had to say about it.

Behind Her Eyes, Netflix, reviews, review, about, plot, release, Twitter, psychological, thriller, trailer, watch, new

via Netflix

Behind Her Eyes is about a single mother who takes a new job then has an affair with her boss

The series follows Louise, who has an affair with her new boss, which places her right in the centre of loads of twisted drama and scandal. To add to this, Louise then secretly becomes friends with her boss’s wife, Adele.

The affair starts when Louise meets David in a bar over the weekend and they hook up. Ready to start her new job on the Monday, she arrives to see that the same guy is her new boss – and she doesn’t know that he is married. It really is everyone’s worst new job nightmare. At first it looks like a typical story of a man who has an affair and can’t seem to stop, but you soon realise there’s a lot going on in Adele and David’s marriage which is a cause for concern – and Louise should probably watch her back too.

The series covers a lot of dark themes – including drug abuse, obsession and mental illness. It begs the question: Can you ever really know those closest to you?

via Netflix

Reviews of Behind Her Eyes on Netflix say it is an intense watch, but ‘creepy’ and ‘mysterious’

PopSugar has called it an “intense watch”, whilst The Telegraph has reviewed the series as being “extremely watchable and a twist to make your jaw drop”, albeit a little “loopy”.

The Telegraph is one of many to point out that everyone is talking about the show’s ending. No spoilers here, but it’s a big ol’ twist, and you’ll either love it or hate it – because it will make you want to pull your hair out. Mashable called the ending a “dark twist” and said the series is “unpredictable” with “genuine surprises”.

And people on Twitter who have watched or started the series already love it too. One said the show is “creepy, mysterious and sexy” whilst others described how it’s full of twists and they’re “addicted already”.

People who have read the book the series is based on have said it is a “wild ride” with the “best twist ending” they’ve ever read. So the Netflix series has a lot to live up to. 👀

Watch the trailer for Behind Her Eyes on Netflix here:

Behind Her Eyes is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.