MAFS Australia Dan

MAFS Australia’s Dan Webb in court over alleged multi-million dollar scam

Yikes

MAFS Australia Season 6 contestant Dan Webb is in court charged with allegedly being involved in a multi-million dollar telemarketing scam.

Dan and 10 others allegedly scammed “hundreds of victims” to the tune of 24 million Australian dollars, the prosecution claims.

Some of the other people standing trial alongside Dan are also facing money laundering charges.

The alleged scam was part of a cold-calling scheme. According to New Zealand news site Stuff, there are 500 witnesses available, with 35 expected to stand trial at Brisbane Magistrates’ Court.

MAFS Australia Dan

Dan Webb appeared on MAFS Australia Season 6 with Tamara Joy

Dan appeared on MAFS Australia in Season 6. He was coupled up with Tamara Joy, before starting a relationship with Jessika Power, causing Tamara and Mick, Jessika’s husband, to leave the show.

Dan and Jessika split-up, which was revealed on the Married at First Sight Australia reunion show. In February, Dan Webb debuted his new girlfriend, 24-year-old Amira, on his Instagram.

Married at First Sight Australia Season 6 is available to watch on All 4 now. 

Related Married at First Sight stories:

• MAFS Season 6: Where are they now?

• The wildest Married at First Sight Australia Season 6 transformations

• This is how much cash the Married at First Sight Australia cast is making on Instagram

The MAFS web: The Season 6 cast members who stayed in touch after the show