Jamie Dornan is in a new mystery thriller called ‘The Tourist’ set in Australia

If you loved The Fall, get ready for this 👀

If you’re a fan of The Fall, mystery dramas or basically just Jamie Dornan (feels), then get ready – because there’s a new thriller coming to BBC One which is a mixture of all of those, called “The Tourist”.

Yep, Jamie is back and he’s joined forces with some acclaimed writers and a star-studded cast for a new six-part series based in Australia. Here’s everything you need to know about BBC One’s new thriller drama, The Tourist.

The Tourist, Jamie Dornan, new, BBC, drama, thriller, mystery, about, plot, synopsis, cast, release date, BBC One

Jamie Dornan in The Fall, via BBC / Netflix

What is The Tourist about?

The Tourist is set in Australia, and begins with a British man finding himself being pursued by a tank truck trying to drive him off the road. The synopsis continues: “An epic cat and mouse chase unfolds and the man later wakes in hospital, hurt, but somehow alive. Except he has no idea who he is. With merciless figures from his past pursuing him, the man’s search for answers propels him through the vast and unforgiving outback.”

The series goes from the outback of Australia, to the frantic noise and lights of Singapore, and to the calm, luxury white-sand beaches of Bali.

The BBC adds: “Full of shocking, surprising, funny and brutal turns, The Tourist is set in a world populated by quirky, enigmatic characters and off-beat black comedy punctuates high-stakes action. At its heart however, is a story of self-discovery with a ticking time-bomb underneath: as the man starts to uncover the mystery of who he was, he’s also forced to ask who he is now – and fast. Will he unlock the secrets of his identify before those who are trying to kill him catch up with him?”

Jamie Dornan says: “The Tourist are some of the most exciting scripts I’ve ever read. I can’t wait to go to Australia with such a talented group of people.”

The cast has Jamie Dornan as the lead, but also loads of other familiar faces

Jamie Dornan plays the unnamed, mysterious man that the The Tourist centres around, but he’s also joined by loads of other big names in the cast.

Danielle MacDonald (Unbelievable on Netflix) plays Helen Chambers, a fledgling probationary constable, whilst Shalom Brune-Franklin (Our Girl and set to be in new Line of Duty) will play Luci, a waitress who gets caught up in all the drama. Hugo Weaving (The Matrix) will play the big dog detective inspector in Australia, Agent Lachlan Rogers.

Yes, the actual Hugo Weaving from The Matrix !!

The Tourist featuring Jamie Dornan is expected on BBC One towards the end of 2021 / start of 2022. Production is set to start in 2021. Watch this space for the latest.