yewande bullying

Yewande addresses claims she bullied Lucie, saying Lucie ‘refused’ to say her name

Amber and Amy have also commented on the claims

Love Island’s Lucie Rose Donlan has accused Yewande Biala of bullying her when they were on the show in 2019.

In old Instagram comments unearthed yesterday on Reddit, Lucie claims Yewande bullied her on the show.

An Instagram user asked Lucie how she felt about Yewande saying she was a “horrible person”, to which Lucie responded claiming Yewande had bullied her.

She wrote: “She’s always bullied me, I’m not bothered about her opinion…makes her look badšŸ˜not sure where she said that though.”

Yewande has since addressed the allegations and claimed Lucie “refused” to say her name on the show because it was “too hard” to pronounce.

On Twitter last night Yewande said: “You refused to call me by my name because it was too ‘hard to pronounce’ now you wanna say I bullied you !! Bullied šŸ¤¬”

Lucie has since addressed the comments on Yewande’s Twitter and said she did have trouble pronouncing Yewande’s name.

Speaking to the MailOnline Lucie said: “I said on the show I had trouble pronouncing Yewande’s name, it’s just what I’m like.

“And I asked if I could use a shortened abbreviated version of her name instead as a term of endearment ā€“ there’s nothing sinister to it.”

Lucie also said she had received death threats over the comments and wants everyone to move on from the conversation.

She said: “In this day and age and with everything going on in the world, we should all be sticking together not attacking each other.

“I’ve been sent death threats which are incredibly scary as you can imagine…I regret how just a few old comments sent 18 months ago has snowballed like this and got out of hand, and drummed up some needless negativity.

“Can we all just move on from this please?”

via Instagram @lucierosedonlan

Amber Gill joined the initial conversation to support Yewande and claimed Lucie had asked to call Yewande “Y”.

She tweeted: “Na when she said can I call you ‘Y’ I said lol no you canā€™t can I’ll just call you ‘her’ you were peaceful in that exchange. It was me with the vim šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚”.

Amy Hart also addressed Yewande’s comment, showing her support for her fellow Islander. She retweeted Yewande’s tweet and said no one said anything because it was Yewande’s story to tell.

She said: “My final thought of the evening, this beautiful, respectful QUEEN has sat on this for almost two years. We havenā€™t spoken about it publicly because it was Yewandeā€™s story to tell.I remember dates, times, locations of every conversation in that villa.Thereā€™s so much you donā€™t see x”.

The Tab has contacted Lucie and Yewande for comment.Ā 

Featured image credits via Instagram @lucierosedonlan, @yewande_biala