netflix bridgerton cast

All the cast of Netflix’s Bridgerton, and where you recognise them from

Where else would you get people from Derry Girls with actual Julie Andrews?

Bridgerton drops on Netflix on Christmas Day, a period drama series based on Julia Quinn’s romance novels. Critics are calling the series a “treat” and “utter joy”, with the Radio Times giving it five stars and saying it’s “a cross between Gossip Girl and Jane Austen”. One of the YouTube comments on the trailer says: “So it’s like a historical Gossip Girl but less toxic”, and honestly that’s 100 per cent sold me on the fact that Bridgerton is the best thing to be released all year. As well as being the hottest new series on Netflix, the cast of Bridgerton is just so good.

There’s loads of famous faces (and voices – Julie Andrews I’m looking at you), who you definitely recognise from classic British TV shows such as Derry Girls, Waterloo Road and MI High. As well as this, there’s some newer actors you might not have seen before, and a whole load of extremely fit people.

Here’s all the cast of new Netflix series Bridgerton, and where you recognise all them from:

Daphne Bridgerton – Phoebe Dynevor

netflix bridgerton cast

Phoebe Dynevor plays Daphne Bridgerton, eldest daughter of the Bridgerton family. Daphne is entering high society and trying to find a husband. Phoebe played Siobhan in the Waterloo Road series. She’s also in Prisoners’ Wives, Dickensian and Snatch. Her mum is Sally Dynevor, aka Sally Webster in Coronation Street.

Simon Basset – Regé-Jean Page

netflix bridgerton cast

Simon Basset, the Duke of Hastings, is played by Regé-Jean Page. Based on the trailer, he begins a fake relationship with Daphne to help her … try and find a husband? Sounds like a foolproof plan to me.

Like Phoebe, before being cast in Bridgerton on Netflix Regé-Jean was in Waterloo Road – he played Guy Braxton in 2015, after she’d left the series. He also played Dean in Fresh Meat, and was also in Roots and For The People.

Penelope Featherington – Nicola Coughlan

netflix bridgerton cast

Nicola Coughlan plays Penelope Featherington, friend of Eloise Bridgerton and younger sister of Philippa and Prudence. You definitely recognise Nicola from her role of Clare in Derry Girls, and she was also in Harlots.

The voice of Lady Whistledown – Julie Andrews

netflix bridgerton cast

Julie Andrews is the voice of Lady Whistledown, a mysterious person who starts putting out newsletters with high society gossip. No one knows who Lady Whistledown actually is.

Julie Andrews in The Princess Diaries 2. She’s cast in Bridgerton on Netflix in a voice-only role

If you need me to tell you who Julie Andrews is, you need to sort yourself out. She was Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins, Maria in your mum’s favourite film The Sound Of Music, and played Anne Hathaway’s grandma in The Princess Diaries.

She’s voiced loads of things before Lady Whistledown too, including Gru’s mum in Despicable Me, the Queen (Fiona’s mum) in Shrek, and also narrated Enchanted.

Anthony Bridgerton – Jonathan Bailey

netflix bridgerton cast

Jonathan Bailey plays Anthony Bridgerton, older brother of Daphne and friend of Simon. He was in St Trinians, and has also been in films including The Mercy, The Young Messiah and Testament Of Youth.

He played Olly in Broadchurch, Jack in W1A, Sam in Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s Crashing, and has been been in loads more films, TV shows and plays.

Eloise Bridgerton – Claudia Jessie

netflix bridgerton cast

Eloise Bridgerton is played by Claudia Jessie. She’s the younger sister of Daphne and Anthony, and Penelope’s friend. Claudia was in ITV series Vanity Fair, played DC Jodie Taylor in Line Of Duty series four, and was also in Lovesick.

Lady Danbury – Adjoa Andoh

netflix bridgerton cast

Adoja Andoh plays Lady Danbury, the friend of Simon’s late mother. She’s been in so much, including playing Francine in Dr Who and Colette in Casualty. She played Karen in EastEnders in the early 90s and was in best CBBC series of all time MI High, as the head of MI9.

Lady Violet Bridgerton – Ruth Gemmell

netflix bridgerton cast

Lady Violet Bridgerton is played by Ruth Gemmell. Lady Violet is a widow and the mother of Anthony, Daphne, Eloise and their siblings. Ruth is known for being in Fever Pitch, Utopia and Silent Witness.

Queen Charlotte – Golda Rosheuvel

netflix bridgerton cast

Golda Rosheuvel plays Queen Charlotte, who is married to King George III – and her character is loosely based on the real Charlotte who was married to him. Golda is also in Torchwood, Luther and Lady Macbeth.

Lady Portia Featherington – Polly Walker

netflix bridgerton cast

Portia on the right, with two of her daughters

Polly Walker plays Lady Portia, mother of the three Featherington sisters who is trying to find husbands for them all. Polly’s been in loads, including playing Gill in Line Of Duty, and is also in films and TV series such as Clash Of The Titans and Prisoners’ Wives.

Lord Featherington – Ben Miller

Lord Featherington, Lady Portia’s husband, is played by Ben Miller. Like his on-screen wife Polly, Ben has been in so many films and TV series, including Paddington 2, Doctor Who and Johnny English – but is perhaps best known for his role in Death In Paradise.

He also plays Gavin in severely underrated film What We Did On Our Holiday, with David Tennant and Rosamund Pike.

Philippa Featherington – Harriet Cains

Philippa with her sister Penelope

Philippa Featherington is played by Harriet Cains. Harriet played Jem in In The Flesh, and was also in episodes of Marcella and Line Of Duty.

Prudence Featherington – Bessie Carter

Bessie Carter plays Prudence, the eldest Featherington sister. Bessie has been in a few short films and TV series including Doc Martin, Howards End and Beecham House.

Benedict Bridgerton – Luke Thompson

via Instagram @bridgertonnetflix

Benedict Bridgerton, brother of Daphne and Anthony, is played by Luke Thompson. Luke has been in Kiss Me First, Misbehaviour, and Dunkirk (with the one and only Harry Styles).

Colin Bridgerton – Luke Newton

Luke Newton plays Colin, another Bridgerton sibling. Luke was in 2010 BBC series The Cut, as well as Disney Channel series The Lodge.

Marina Thompson – Ruby Barker

Ruby Barker plays Marina Thompson, a cousin of the Featheringtons. Ruby has been in TV series Wolfblood, and an episode of Cobra.

Nigel Berbrooke – Jamie Beamish

Jamie Beamish plays Nigel Berbrooke, a character who tbh seems quite gross, and is trying to find himself a wife. He played Ciaran in Derry Girls (with Nicola), and has also been in The Commuter and Will.

Prince Friederich – Freddie Stroma

Freddie as Cormac in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Freddie Stroma plays Prince Friederich, a German prince who is related to the Queen. He was Cormac McLaggen in Harry Potter, Ben in The Inbetweeners 2, Luke in Pitch Perfect, and Dickon in Game Of Thrones.

Siena Rosso – Sabrina Bartlett

via Instagram @sabrinabartlett

Sabrina Bartlett plays Siena Rosso, an opera singer. Sabrina was in Victoria, Versailles, Game Of Thrones, Poldark and Knightfall.

Cressida Cowper – Jessica Madsen

Cressida Cowper is played by Jessica Madsen, who has been in films and series such as Rambo: Last Blood, Leatherface and Dark Light.

Lady Cowper – Joanna Bobin

Lady Cowper in the centre

Lady Cowper is played by Joanna Bobin, who has previously been in The Brothers Grimsby, Alice Through the Looking Glass, Not Going Out, and Gunpowder Milkshake.

Will Mondrich – Martins Imhangbe

Martins Imhangbe plays Will Mondrich, a boxer and friend of Simon. Martins is a stage actor who has been in plays such as Death of a Salesman and The Tragedy of King Richard II.

Mrs Varley – Lorraine Ashbourne

Lorraine Ashbourne plays Mrs Varley, the Featherington family’s servant. Lorraine was cast as Barbara Castle in The Crown series three on Netflix, has also been in Unforgotten, Cheat and I Hate Suzie.

Genevieve Delacroix – Kathryn Drysdale

Kathryn Drysdale plays Genevieve Delacroix, a tailor and seamstress who is friends with Siena. Kathryn plays Meghan Markle in comedy series The Windsors, and has also been in Benidorm, Two Pints of Lager And A Packet of Crisps, and Vanity Fair.

Francesca Bridgerton – Ruby Stokes

Francesca (left), with her sister Hyacinth

Ruby Stokes plays Francesca, another Bridgerton sibling. She’s been in Una, Da Vinci’s Demons, and Rocks.

Hyacinth Bridgerton – Florence Hunt

netflix bridgerton cast

The youngest Bridgerton daughter is played by Florence Hunt, who has previously played Nimue in Netflix series Cursed.

Gregory Bridgerton – Will Tilston

netflix bridgerton cast

The youngest Bridgerton son is played by Will Tilston, who played young Christoper Robin in film Goodbye Christopher Robin.

You can watch the trailer for Netflix series Bridgerton here – see how many of the famous cast members you can spot:

Bridgerton is available on Netflix from Christmas Day. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.