jerry harris plead guilty

Jerry Harris pleads not guilty to seven child sex charges

Harris is currently in prison

Cheer’s Jerry Harris has pleaded not guilty to seven child sex charges. The federal felony charges include that Harris tried to lure minors for sex and shared sexually explicit photographs with them.

Last week an indictment was unsealed which showed a further seven charges against Harris, in addition to the five minors he was arrested for in September.

Harris’ lawyers entered a plea of not guilty on his behalf, and Harris did not appear in court.

In September Harris was arrested for allegedly producing child pornography. His arrest came after an FBI investigation which was started after twin brothers claimed Harris harassed them online and in person at cheer events when they were 13 years old and Harris was 19 years old.

Harris’ spokesperson at the time said they denied the claims and were confident the truth would be revealed.

They said: “We categorically dispute the claims made against Jerry Harris, which are alleged to have occurred when he was a teenager. We are confident that when the investigation is completed the true facts will be revealed.”

According to records Harris admitted in an interview after his arrest to soliciting lewd images and sex from a boy on multiple occasions.

Harris is currently in jail after he was denied bond release as prosecutors believed “he could prey on minors if he were released prior to trial”.

Each sexual exploitation of children charge carries a minimum sentence of 15 years in prison, an enticement charge carries a minimum of 10 years imprisonment and the receipt of child pornography carries a minimum sentence of five years.

Featured image credit: Netflix