december 21st, tiktok, what's happening on december 21st

It’s all over your TikTok, but here’s what’s actually happening on December 21st

Everyone’s freaking out about it

2020 has been an absolute shit show, but now TikTok is telling us there’s one last day we need to get prepared for: December 21st.

First came the pandemic (I don’t know if you’ve heard of it?), then came August 27th, which people on TikTok were going wild over. And now everyone on TikTok is telling me December 21st is yet another day in this doomed year I need to watch out for? I don’t know how much more of this I can take, Harry Styles postponed his tour again the other day and I’m fragile.

So is the world ending on December 21st, like some people on TikTok are saying? Well, no. But it turns out astrologers are saying lots is going to be happening that day.

It’s all over TikTok, but here’s what’s actually happening on December 21st:

The Great Conjunction is happening for the first time since the Middle Ages

Jupiter and Saturn will align on December 21st, in something called “the Great Conjunction”. The planets align about once every 20 years, but this year is special and only happens every 400 years.

Jupiter and Saturn haven’t passed this close to each other in the sky since 1623, but this Great Conjunction couldn’t be seen. The last time it happened at night so people on Earth could actually watch it was about 400 years before that, in 1226.

According to NASA, “the planets will be easy to see with the unaided eye by looking toward the southwest just after sunset” on the day.

This is said to be start the of the new Age of Aquarius

Many astrologers believe the great conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn is ushering in a new astrological age: The Age of Aquarius.

Astrological ages last about 2,160 years, with 12 zodiac signs over 25,920 years in total. We’ve been in the Age of Capricorn for two millennia, and are now entering the Age of Aquarius, which astrologers have been anticipating the effects of all year.

The Age of Aquarius will shift our focus towards unconventional thinking, where we’ll embrace the unique parts of life and be more progressive in our thinking.

Harry Styles is an Aquarius, so that really tells you everything you need to know about Aquarius’ overall vibe.

Moving from the Age of Capricorn to Aquarius means we’ll become less materialistic and money-focused, and be more interested in friendship, collectivism and innovation. We’ll also focus on humanitarianism and social action.

It’s the beginning of Capricorn season

It’s confusing because we’re leaving the Age of Capricorn, but there are 12 astrological seasons which come around every month or so (whichever season you’re born in is your “star sign”), and we’ll be entering Capricorn season. Capricorn season is December 22nd until January 19th.

via Twitter

Each astrological season has its own vibe, and Capricorn season is all about making plans – think being practical, disciplined and ambitious. You may find you’re thinking about your career, finances and goals. It coincides with the New Year, so it’s the perfect time to make some resolutions.

People on TikTok aren’t freaking out about this part, but December 21st is also the yearly winter solstice

Every year, December 21st is the winter solstice. This is when the sun travels the shortest path across the sky, making it the shortest day of the year with the least daytime and the longest night.

Summer solstice, the longest day of the year, is on June 21st in the Northern hemisphere. In the Southern hemisphere, the winter and summer solstices are obviously on the opposite days to us.

For all the latest TikTok news and memes like The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook