All the backlash that’s happened to Rita Ora after *that* 30th birthday party

She’s been dropped from radio stations and TV interviews

This week everyone has been talking about Rita Ora and her hosting a birthday party attended by 30 people, despite the UK being in a lockdown. It was a typical example of celebs thinking that because they’re rich, the restrictions simply don’t apply to them.

Over the weekend she hosted the party at a west London restaurant, despite lockdown rules at the time being that restaurants and pubs should be open for takeaway and delivery only, and that people are not allowed to mix indoors or outside in groups larger than six. The party was attended by celebrities, including the Delevingne sisters and Vas J Morgan from The Only Way Is Essex.

The singer has since faced a lot of backlash, from voluntarily paying the £10,000 fine which is in place for breaking the rules to being ditched by her upcoming appearances. Here’s a rundown of everything that has happened.

Rita Ora, birthday, party, backlash, fall out, after, what happened, lockdown, break, rules, London, fine, interview, radio, dropped, Instagram, fine

via Instagram @ritaora

Firstly, Rita Ora paid a £10,000 fine for holding the birthday party and was forced to publicly apologise

After the party was found out, Rita posted a statement on Instagram saying how “embarrassed” she was. It read: “Hello all, I attended a small gathering with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was a spur of the moment decision made with the misguided view that we were coming out of lockdown and this would be OK…

“I’m deeply sorry for breaking the rules and in turn understand that this puts people at risk. This was a serious and inexcusable error of judgement. Given the restrictions, I realise how irresponsible these actions were and I take full responsibility.

“I feel particularly embarrassed knowing first-hand how hard people have worked to combat this terrible illness and being fully aware of the sacrifices that people and businesses have made to help keep us all safe. Even though this won’t make it right, I want to sincerely apologise.”

She also voluntarily paid the fine of £10,000 which is in place for anyone found to be breaking the rules. Which wouldn’t have even made a dent in her bank account, but sure.

Rita was meant to appear on The Jonathan Ross Show, but cancelled

Rita was meant to be a guest on The Jonathan Ross Show this week, but she herself cancelled the appearance. She is believed to have pulled out of all public appearances and interviews, out of “embarrassment”.

Rita on the show last year, via ITV

She’s launched a personal probe to find out who from the birthday party grassed her up

It’s also been reported that Rita has launched a “personal probe” into who at the party exposed the illegal gathering. She apparently believes it was one of her friends who was in attendance who told the police about it.

She is said to have a Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy style “game plan” to uncover the truth. An insider told the Sun: “Rita’s transgression coming to light has left her humiliated, not to mention potentially out of pocket, as she’s agreed to pay a £10,000 fine once it’s issued.

“Some of her closest confidantes have been getting in her ear suggesting someone on the guest list with a guilty ­conscience or a scorned friend who didn’t make the cut may have dobbed her in.

“It was meant to be secret, but the fact police and photographers knew it was happening has really made Rita paranoid. She’s now devising a game plan and setting traps in a bid to expose the whistleblower, like Coleen did in the Wagatha Christie drama.”

via Instagram @ritaora

Radio stations have said they wont be playing her songs

A radio station in Exeter has been one of the first to come out and say it will no longer be playing Rita Ora songs, because of the news of her birthday party. Radio Exe breakfast show presenter Ben Clark announced that he was blacklisting her for the “foreseeable future”. He savagely told listeners his 11-year-old daughter was more willing to accept the rules than Rita Ora.

A Milton Keynes radio station, MKFM, has also decided to remove Rita Ora from its shows. Darren from The MK Breakfast Show said: “If we need to fill the space we will add Amanda Holden’s new song, she might not have a great voice on the radio but boy can she sing.”

Since the birthday party, Rita Ora has lost 17k followers on Instagram

It looks like her fans have taken badly to the birthday party saga too, because according to Social Blade in the last month she’s lost 17,000 followers on Instagram. This peaked at a loss of 7,662 on Sunday.