Why has Charli D’Amelio lost over 650k TikTok followers in the last 24 hours?

Clips have circulated online

Charli D’Amelio is currently losing subscribers at a rapid rate after her appearance in an episode of her new show in which she had dinner with her family and James Charles.

In the first episode of Dinner with the D’Amelios, from which clips have been circulated on social media, fans have been critical after they say Charli and her sister can be seen showing disrespect to the chef who cooked the food.

Controversy has also surrounded Charli’s discussion of her follower count, after a small bit of back and forth with James Charles that resulted in him saying: “Was the 95 million not enough for you?”

Livecounts.io shows that Charli D’Amelio has lost in excess of 650k followers over the past day following the release of the episode, which is the first and only one in the series.

Another clip from the episode seems to show Dixie picking her nose, as well as pretending to throw up some of the food that was cooked for them by their chef, who is off-camera watching.

Dixie responded to the controversy in a video in which she showed some of the hateful messages that she has received as a result of the clip. She explains that the chef and her team tried to prank her into eating a snail.

In addition to this, Trisha Paytas decided to call the two sisters out, accusing them of being disrespectful to their personal chef as well as complaining about 95 million followers not being enough. She referred to Dixie as being “bratty”.

This caused Dixie to respond to the video, commenting beneath an apology to her chef and a promise that there would be a new episode next week:

Image

“Chef Aaron May is a close family friend and we love him and everything he does. I am so grateful for everything I am given and every opportunity I have. He was standing behind the camera telling me to eat a snail knowing I would have a reaction. In no way would I ever want to come off as disrespectful because it was all jokes.

“I have a sarcastic sense of humour that I have shown over my time of putting myself on the internet, but I have all love for every single person I work with and would never disrespect anyone.”

Charli is yet to respond.