Girls on TikTok are sharing the tragic 00s outfits they wore to impress boys

Who thought these looks were okay?!

Of all the things that keep people at night it has to be the shamefully embarrassing things they’ve done in the past that make them want to curl up in a ball and never wake up. Perhaps you completely drenched yourself with perfume in the hope that you’d get picked by Harry Styles to see him backstage at a One Direction concert. Maybe you fancied one of your family friends so gave them a Valentine’s Day card you’d made in class and then never saw them again.

Whatever it was, people do embarrassing stuff as kids, and TikTok is currently going mad for stories in which girls share old photos of themselves dressing up in awful noughties outfits to impress others, and the second-hand cringe is simply too much. Thought you’d had some dodgy style choices in the past? Wait until you’ve seen these.

@allyse.marieStill didn’t work ##greenscreen ##MyRecommendation ##single##oopsie##embarrased♬ Give us a cheeky follow if you use this sound – Lizzy

As you can see, the idea is simple. Start by giving the viewer a bit of context for what they’re about to see. Brother having his older mates round? Getting ready to go to a concert? Going swimming?

Then you use that music (She’s So Gone by Naomi Scott, FYI), slap the embarrassing photo at the end and voila! Now that you’re doubtlessly going to try this yourself, here’s a few examples as inspiration:

@taylorrblake##greenscreen ##fyp♬ Give us a cheeky follow if you use this sound – Lizzy

@oheyitskikimy mom took us to this concert but you bet i had a plan to drop her if the opportunity arose ##onedirection ##fyp♬ Give us a cheeky follow if you use this sound – Lizzy

@mally_aif I still had that confidence it’d be over for everyone 😔🖐🏽♬ Give us a cheeky follow if you use this sound – Lizzy

@midtownhollandsthis look still haunts me ##fyp ##foryou ##nonuniformday♬ Give us a cheeky follow if you use this sound – Lizzy

@hannah__kardashianto anyone who said I looked good, I know you were lying ##fyp♬ Give us a cheeky follow if you use this sound – Lizzy