The Umbrella Academy season three confirmed via leaked shooting schedule

Filming starts next year ☂️

The latest season of The Umbrella Academy has been unofficially announced via a leaked shooting schedule that has been uploaded by a leading industry source.

Production Weekly, which compiles and shares data for the use of people in the film and television industry, announced in their latest issue that The Umbrella Academy would begin filming early next year.

With filming supposedly due to start on 1st February 2021 and continuing for six months through to summer, we could potentially see the gang back on our screens by 2022.

Netflix's The Umbrella Academy feels like a bleak X-Men story - The Verge

After the success of the previous two series of The Umbrella Academy and the cliff hanger viewers were left on, it’s hardly a surprise that Netflix will be bringing their hit show back.

Netflix is yet to announce the return of the series, but without having filmed anything for it it would be highly unlikely for any announcement for many months to come.

The series was recently criticised for its depiction of The Handler as an evil boss who is shown speaking Yiddish. Groups claimed the character fell back on “antisemitic stereotypes”, which led the show’s creators Steve Blackman to respond calling the comments “hurtful and, more importantly, factually incorrect”.