Here’s what the cast of Wild Child have been up to since the film

Alex Pettyfer’s career went downhill from here

Wild Child was the cult film for everyone growing up in the noughties. It represents everything all great teen-flick films stand for – female friendship, great music, makeovers and a drop-dead gorgeous love interest.

Little did our teen-brains know, but the Wild Child cast starred some pretty massive names, including Nick Frost, Shirley Henderson and Natasha Richardson. As well as some smaller names that went on to do big things like Fresh Meat, The Crown and American Horror Story.

Here’s a rundown of where the cast of Wild Child are now, and what they’ve been up to since the film:

Poppy Moore – Emma Roberts

The queen of Wild Child, Poppy, is played by Emma Roberts. Poppy gets moved from her superficial life in LA to a British boarding school as a punishment from her dad. Here she learns the important life lesson that British schools aren’t just about grim uniforms and rain, they’re also about sisterhood.

wild child cast now

via Wild Child

Since Wild Child, Emma Roberts has been in many-a-cringe American films and TV series. She’s probably best known for her long run in American Horror Story and Scream Queens. She also played Casey in We’re the Millers where she snogged her fake-brother and made us all question our kissing skills.

Most recently, Emma’s been in the spotlight for her starring role in Holidate, a new Christmas film about taking a fake date to family events so you don’t have to feel bad about yourself for still being single (god forbid). Despite wanting to hate this film, you’ll definitely be sucked in when her and her ‘holidate’ eventually fall for each other.

via Holidate

Emma Roberts is fairly active on Insta, with 14.4 million followers including Kendall Jenner herself. Her feed is mostly promo for her new film, pics of her in funky outfits and loads of selfies.

Credit: Instagram

Freddie Kingsley – Alex Pettyfer

Freddie Kingsley is the love interest of Poppy. When he graced our screens for the first time it was generally agreed that Freddie is the sexiest name alive and posh, floppy blonde-haired surfer-looking boys are a big YES.

wild child cast now

via Wild Child

Before Wild Child, Alex Pettyfer was the star of Stormbreaker. By the late 2000s, he was officially everyone’s ultimate celeb crush. However, his filmography hasn’t been great since – I am Number Four, Beastly (where he plays a “sexy” cursed beast), Endless Love and In Time. He nearly brought it back after Magic Mike but sadly Channing Tatum stole the show.

via Magic Mike

Mrs Kingsley – Natasha Richardson

Mrs Kingsley is the headmistress of Abbey Mount played by Natasha Richardson. She had been in loads of great movies before Wild Child, including The Parent Trap and Maid in Manhattan. She was also married to Love Actually star, Liam Neeson.

Sadly, Wild Child was Natasha’s last film before she died in a skiing accident in 2009.

via The Parent Trap

Kate – Kimberley Nixon

Kate is one of Poppy’s new roommates who takes Poppy under her wing first, shows her good old fashioned British friendship and helps her towards her journey of self-discovery.

via Wild Child

Kate is played by Kimberly Nixon who’s been in so much since, including Fresh Meat, Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging and Hebburn.

Despite how much she’s been in and her huge fan base, Kimberley doesn’t have an Instagram account, just a lot of fan accounts.

Drippy – Juno Temple

Drippy is the one everyone thought Poppy had trapped in the freezer after accidentally starting a fire but then it turned out to be Harriet. Drippy’s arguably the favourite out of the Wild Child cast because she dyes her eyebrows too dark and sneaks off in the middle of the night to steal ice cream.

wild child cast now

via: Wild Child

Juno Temple has been in loads of big’uns since, including Killer Joe, Horns, Maleficent, Afternoon Delight, Atonement and The Dark Knight Rises. She’s also recently starred in her own Sky TV series, called Little Birds, which is the horniest show I’ver ever watched.

via Little Birds

Juno’s Instagram is exactly how you’d expect it to be – just over 140k follows and loads of arty looking pics of her in cool outfits and face packs.

Credit: Instagram

Josie – Linzey Cocker

Linzey Cocker played Josie and had the infamous Cream Egg line: “Why do you only get two Drippy? Now we gotta quarter them”.

wild child cast now

via Wild Child

She’s currently 33 and can be found in a fair few TV series, such as Our Girl, White Gold, and of course Waterloo Road. She seems to spend a lot of her time on holiday with her boyfriend, Adam, so her Wild Child fortune is doing her just fine.

Credit: Instagram

Kiki – Sophie Wu

Kiki is the final piece of the foursome in the Wild Child cast, and she’s played by Sophie Wu who is now 36. Like Kimberly Nixon, Sophie was also in Fresh Meat, playing Heather. She also played roles in Kick-Ass one and two.

wild child cast now

via Wild Child

Sophie hasn’t been in much since, however in 2014, she spoke publically about her difficult childhood. She explained: “Puberty was not kind to me. I had acne, eczema and had a stye in my eye, so it was quite hard to go into somewhere where the majority were boys”. She added that this gave her a passion for her acting career and has lead to many successes in TV, film and at The Fringe.

Harriet – Georgia King

Since Wild Child, Georgia King, who played Head Girl Harriet, has been in Chalet Girl, as well as TV series like The New Normal and Vice Principals.

wild child cast now

via Wild Child

Since lockdown, Georgia has posted a steady flow of selfies and pictures of her dog. She also posted this hilarious birthday picture of her and her sister.

The Matron – Shirley Henderson

The tiny but no-less-scary Scottish Matron of Abbey Mount is played by Shirley Henderson who was already a pretty big deal when she got this role. Shirley has featured in Bridget Jones, the Harry Potter series and Trainspotting.

wild child cast now

via Wild Child

Since Wild Child, she’s gone a bit quiet, only featuring in Happy Valley as Frances Drummond – she’s probably still thriving off the success of her Moaning Murtle performance.

via Harry Potter

She’s not on Instagram, so it’s hard to know exactly what she’s getting up to but she did recently do an interview, speaking about her experiences of sexism, mental health and her new BBC drama The Nest.

Mr Christopher – Nick Frost

Nick Frost was another major star who featured in Wild Child as the hairdresser, Mr Christopher.

via Wild Child

Before this film, he was in Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Since the film, he has continued to be in big movies, like The Boat that Rocked, The World’s End, Paul and loads more.

via Hot Fuzz

In March 2019, The Guardian interviewed Nick Frost and he admitted he has “a beautiful life at the moment”. He works with his best mate Simon Pegg in their own production company, and writes scripts, acts and produces. As much as he’s thoroughly enjoying his life, he said that if it all goes tits up, he plans to flip burgers in his local park. His literal words.

Mr Nellist – Jason Watkins

Mr Nellist is the awkward language teacher who’s having a secret love affair with the PE teacher. He’s played by Jason Watkins who was best known before for his role in Briget Jones.

wild child cast now

via Wild Child

Since Wild Child, James has been in loads of films and TV shows, including The Crown, Line of Duty, Des, Trollied and all three Nativity films.

Related Wild Child cast stories recommended by the writer:

Take this quiz to see how well you remember Wild Child

Quiz: Which Wild Child character are you really?

Quiz: Which teen movie guy would be your boyfriend?