Unsolved Mysteries has now had over 5,000 tips about Netflix show cases

Investigators think they’re getting closer to solving some of the cases

Netflix has revealed that over 5,000 tips have now been sent in via the Unsolved Mysteries website about the cases, since the first series of the show aired.

Sharing the news on Twitter, the Unsolved Mysteries account said: “We’d like to think Robert Stack would be proud. Since the release of Unsolved Mysteries: Volume 1, over 5,000 tips have been submitted to unsolved.com. Together, we can help solve mysteries. #UnsolvedMysteries”. 

Robert Stack is the American actor who previously was the voice of the classic Unsolved Mysteries series prior to the Netflix one. His is the creepy shadow you see in the intro to the Netflix episodes.

After volume one it was announced the site had received hundreds of credible tips about the first six cases. It was confirmed that most of these tips were about the Alonzo Brooks case and this lead to the body of Brooks, who was the subject of the “No Ride Home” episode, being exhumed by the FBI – 16 years after his death. Many of the tips were also said to have been about the Rey Rivera case, whose body was found in the conference room of the Belvedere Hotel in 2006.

It’s also been said that hundreds of “good and significant” tips have already come in about the volume two cases. Most notably, this includes U.S. Marshals announcing they’re closing in on Lester Eubanks, a convicted murderer who escaped death row in 1973 and is subject of the “Death Row Fugitive” episode. They’ve also doubled the reward for information leading to his capture from $25,000 to $50,000.

After the series aired, Brian Fitzgibbon of the U.S. Marshal Service told US Today: “He’s alive. I feel we’re getting closer.” He added the service has also been receiving tips, helping them fill the gaps in his disappearance.

Unsolved Mysteries, tips, 5000, Netflix, volume two, volume one, cases, website, latest, news, updates, information, solved

via Netflix

The show’s creator, Terry Dunn Meurer confirmed the new tips also include lots about the “Death in Oslo” episode which looks at the case of “Jennifer Fairgate” – a woman who was found dead in a hotel room in Oslo in 1995, but was found to have checked in under a false identity and police still don’t know who she actually was.

Meurer added: “The goal of the show is to always solve a mystery and we have a lot of people out there that are really trying to do that.”

If you have any information about or tips regarding any of the cases in the Unsolved Mysteries series, you can submit them via the Unsolved website. 

Volumes one and two of Unsolved Mysteries are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.