Who is Emily Ratajkowski’s husband? Meet Sebastian Bear-McClard

The low-key producer with high profile friends

First pictured together the day before Valentine’s Day in 2018, Emily Ratajkoswki sent the media into a frenzy after she was seen engaging in some serious PDA outside LA restaurant ‘La Poubelle’ with a mystery man.

Fast forward nearly three years and she is now annoucing her pregnancy through a Vogue photoshoot accompanied with an essay on pregnancy. It’s clear she doesn’t share the same private tendancies as her now-husband. So who is Emily Ratajkowski’s husband, the mysterious Sebastian Bear-McClard?

Emily Ratajkowski’s husband is an American producer and actor

If you’ve just heard his name for the first time then you’re not alone. Sebastian Bear-McClard is an American actor and producer from New York, who tied the knot with Ratajkowski on 23rd February 2018 after a whirlwind romance just a few weeks after she split from her ex, Jeff Magid. He is 33 years old and was born on the 27th March 1987, making him four years older than Em Rata.

Emily Ratajkowski's husband

Via @emrata on Instagram

He keeps a low profile

Bear-McClard only has social media presence through his Emily’s Instagram, as a result of deleting his own account, previously known as @sebobear. You can head to Emily’s Instagram to see an array of cute snaps of the two of them.

He’s worked with big names like Robert Pattinson, Adam Sandler, and The Weeknd

He is best known for producing high-profile movies alongside American independant filmakers Safdie Brothers. These include Uncut Gems (2019) starring Adam Sandler and The Weeknd, Good Time (2017) starring Robert Pattinson, and Brother Flowers (2005). Uncut Gems was nominated at the Gotham Independant Film Award for Best Feature in 2019. So he’s not just a pretty face.

Via @uncutgems on Instagram

Emily Ratajkowski’s husband founded his own company, Elara Pictures

Alongside Josh and Benny Sadfie, he founded Elara Pictures in 2014. With its headquarters in New York City, Elara Pictures worked with Jay-Z on his ‘Marcy Me’ video in 2017.

Bear-McClard proposed with a paperclip

He proposed at the Minetta Tavern in NYC but didn’t have a ring so used the paperclip from the bill to make a one instead. Ratajkowski claimed it to be ‘very romantic’. They eventually bought an ounce of gold from Chinatown to melt down into wedding rings. She claims they were meant to be temporary but they now hold too much sentimental value to be replaced. Original, to say the least.

He then replaced said paperclip with a huge double diamond ring

In July 2018, on her Instagram, Emily displayed to her 26.9 million followers the ring which replaced the paperclip ring Bear-McClard initially proposed with. Emily revealed to Vogue that her and her husband went thorough at least ’50 sketches’ of potential engagement rings with her friend Alison Chelma, before settling on pear and princess cut stones. Some might say it was worth the wait.

Via @emrata on Instagram

They got married in New York City Hall just weeks after they started dating

In their untraditional and spontaneous wedding Ratajkowsi wore a $250 mustard yellow Zara suit and a black hat/veil. Guests included Bear-McClard’s close friend and Instagram star, The Fat Jewish. They then celebrated on a honeymoon in the desert of Utah.

Via @emrata on Instagram

They share a dog

In May 2019 Em Rata announced that they now share a Huskey-German Shepherd mixed puppy called Columbo.

Emily Ratajkowski's husband

Via @emrata on Instagram

They’re expecting a baby

As if the puppy wasn’t cute enough, Emily recently annouced that they’re expecting a baby together. In her interview with Vogue Ratajkowski stated she didn’t want to know the gender in an attempt to force as ‘few gender sterotypes’ on her child as possible.

Via @emrata on Instagram

Featured image credit: Instagram @emrata