Vote: Let’s finally settle it, which Love Island series was definitively the best?

Season two or bust if you ask me

Right now, ITV is airing “Love Island: What Happened Next” – a look back at what has happened to some of our favourite Islanders since the shows aired. It seems as though every time people start reminiscing of old Love Island series, Twitter and group chats across the country erupt into the argument of which season was truly the best – so this vote is going to finally settle it once and for all.

There are people who swear by season one because it’s where it all began and the contestants weren’t desperate for fame and clothing lines, but then season two brought some of the best drama that’s possibly ever been on British television. But then there are people who still want to be part of the Do Bits Society, and won’t ever forget some of the hilarious moments the more recent series have included.

Here’s a quick jog of your memory of what happened in each Love Island series, then make sure you case your vote at the bottom. Your voice has never been more important!!

Series one

Love Island, vote, best, series, season, ever, what happened next, one, ITV2

Who won: Jess Hayes and Max Morley

Other best Islanders: Hannah Elizabeth, Jon Clark, Josh Ritchie, Cally Jane Beech, Luis Morrison, Tony and John Alberti, Lauren Richardson, Bethany Rogers.

Highlights: Everything in series one was a highlight because we all had no idea what the producers were going to throw at us. There were twins, huge rows and it seemed like the cast were always drunk??

Huge shoutout to when Calum Best took the boys to Magaluf, the Karma Sutra challenge, Naomi mugging off Josh for Max, Max mugging off Jess for Naomi THEN mugging off Naomi for Jess, everyone getting full-on naked at every chance, and of course, when Jon actually proposed to Hannah. Amazing.

Series two

Love Island, vote, best, series, season, ever, what happened next, two, ITV2

Who won: Cara De La Hoyde and Nathan Massey

Other best Islanders: Olivia Buckland, Alex Bowen, Kady McDermott, Scott Thomas, Zara Holland, Emma Jane Woodham, Terry Walsh, Sophie Gradon, Rykard Jenkins, Malin Andersson, Rachel Fenton.

Highlights: Series two was a year of firsts. It iconically saw the first ever Islander to be removed from the villa, when Malia had a fight with Kady after she spilled her drink down her leg, it saw the first same-sex couple on the show and the first Islander to ever voluntarily leave – when Rykard dramatically stormed down the beach after Rachel (even though he’d just cheated on her with Olivia). And that’s without mentioning it saw the first ever Love Island MARRIAGE. Our faves always, Olivia and Alex.

Not to mention the most iconic moments of them all: Emma and Terry having sex on top of the sheets for everyone to see, Malin coming back to confront Terry and Zara having her Miss GB crown taken off her after she did bits with Alex. It really was a whirlwind.

Series three

Love Island, vote, best, series, season, ever, what happened next, three, ITV2

Who won: Amber Davies and Kem Cetinay

Other best Islanders: Chris Hughes, Olivia Attwood, Camilla Thurlow, Jamie Jewitt, Gabby Allen, Marcel Somerville, Montana Brown, Sam Garland, Theo Campbell, Jonny Mitchell, Dom Lever, Jessica Shears, Mike Thalassitis.

Highlights: Season three was fit to BURSTING with drama. First they threw in Jess to stir things up, Sam Gowland had that huge argument with Chris, Georgia coupled up Kem even though he was official with Amber, Theo kept doing those hilarious impressions of Jonny, they had the first postcard delivered back from Casa Amor and despite being voted off, Mike and Sam came back!!

That’s without mentioning the constant arguments with Chris and Olivia and the nation getting to watch Camilla blossom and then end up with her hunky Calvin Klein model Jamie.

Series four

Love Island, vote, best, series, season, ever, what happened next, four, ITV2

Who won: Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham

Other best Islanders: Megan Barton-Hanson, Laura Anderson, Wes Nelson, Josh Denzel, Alex George, Jack Fowler, Georgia Steel, Ellie Brown, Zara McDermott, Samira Mighty, Adam Collard, Eyal Booker, Rosie Williams, Hayley Hughes.

Highlights: You will always remember the summer of 2018 as being one of the best of your life. Love Island was on top form, England actually did alright in the world cup and the weather was banging.

This series gave us moments like Hayley asking “what’s an aura”, Adam saying “Rowzee” and dumping Kendall for Rosie, trying it on with Megan, and then dumping Rosie for Zara, Megan kissing everyone possible in the villa, Jack’s ex turning up in Casa Amor and an epic argument between Dr Alex and Alexandra.

But obviously, who could forget the who kissed who drama between Jack Fowler and Georgia Steel, and THAT incredible moment when Josh recoupled with Kaz in Casa Amor leaving Georgia single. Ugh, they just don’t make TV like it anymore.

Honourable mention to Rosie and Megan’s iconic photoshoot too, get it girls.

Series five

Love Island, vote, best, series, season, ever, what happened next, five, ITV2

Who won: Amber Gill and Greg O’Shea

Other best Islanders: Molly-Mae Hague, Tommy Fury, Maura Higgins, Ovie Soko, Curtis Prichard, Amy Hart, Anton Danyluk, Anna Vakili, Chris Taylor, Michael Griffiths, Tom Walker, Lucie Donlan, Arabella Chi.

Highlights: Series five was a pretty stellar season. Where would the world be if he hadn’t been introduced to gems such as Molly-Mae, Tommy and Maura? We’d only seen the levels of chaotic energy Maura gave off from the likes of Megan Barton-Hanson, Tom didn’t stand a chance when he said he’d like to see if she was “all mouth”.

Series five also had the unforgettable Casa Amor recoupling when Michael chose Joanna over Amber – which was literally nominated for a BAFTA. Amy should have also had one for “I WAS COMING BACK HERE TO TELL YOU I LOVE YOU” and Anna was a close call for an award when she went absolutely IN on Jordan for chatting to India. Oh and Molly-Mae fell over. Cute.

Series six

vote, best, series, season, ever, what happened next, six, ITV2

Who won: Paige Turley and Finn Tapp

Other best Islanders: Siannise Fudge, Luke Trotman, Demi Jones, Luke M, Eve and Jess Gale, Mike Boateng, Callum Jones, Molly Smith, Shaughna Phillips, Sophie Piper, Connor Durman, Ollie Williams.

Highlights: Let’s be real, not a lot happened in series six. It was pretty shocking when Callum chose Molly in Casa Amor and Shaughna delivered the iconic “congrats, hun” line. Demi fell over that once and Ched got word vomit trying to describe Jess.

The best bits all probably included Luke T and Siannise who were the nation’s sweethearts. Never forget them dancing together, and his Disney themed treasure hunt which ended in him asking her to be his girlfriend. And special shout out to Ollie Williams, who lasted a matter of days in the villa then left because he wanted to get back with his ex-girlfriend.

Cast your vote here for the best series of Love Island ever: