Changing Rooms is coming back and finally 2020 has redeemed itself

I just wanna see Lozza Llewelyn-Bowen’s big sleeves one more time before I go

Iconic home makeover show Changing Rooms is returning, giving us all another chances to feast our eyes on Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen’s big sleeves.

Davina McCall will be presenting the reboot of the original, which left our screens in 2004.

There will be a few changes from original – it’ll be on Channel 4, not the BBC, and original host Carole Smilie won’t be back.

For the uninitiated, the premise of Changing Room is this: Two teams do up a room in the other’s house and chaos follows. It’s essentially a slightly malign Queer Eye, without Antoni trying to make a salad out of tangerines.

Interior design guru Llewelyn-Bowen is on hand throughout to dispense interior design tips.

Smilie had publicly said she wanted to return, but it seems she’s been ousted for Davina.

“I can’t wait to see all the amazing transformations. I might even get stuck in myself if I’m allowed to be let loose with a paint brush,” Davina told the Sun.

Speaking about the return, Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen said: “It’s taken quite a lot of coaxing to get me under the Changing Rooms banner once more, but nothing like as much coaxing as it’s going to take to squeeze those leather trousers back on.”