David Attenborough, Sir David Attenborough, Instagram, record, one million, followers, follow, account, offical

David Attenborough joins Instagram and breaks record for fastest one million followers

At the dear age of 94

Sir David Attenborough has joined Instagram in a bid to share his environmental messages and has become to fastest person to gain one million followers on the app.

Just one day after getting an account, having only posted one video and following nobody, Attenborough’s follower count sits at 2.5million (and growing).

Reps for Guinness World Records have confirmed he is the new record holder, having knocked Jennifer Aniston off the top spot, after she gained a million followers in five hours and 16 minutes when she joined in October 2019.

Sir David Attenborough can add Instagram to the list of world records he currently holds, the 94-year-old also has the title for the longest career as a TV presenter and longer career as a TV naturalist.

His first Instagram post is all about his upcoming documentary “A Life On Our Planet” – which is set to be released on Netflix next month. The post reads: “Hello Instagram. David Attenborough has spent a lifetime travelling, exploring the wild places of our planet and documenting the living world in all its variety and wonder. He’s also witnessed the damaged caused. Saving our planet is now a communications challenge. We know what to do, we just need the will.

“That’s why we want to share this message on Instagram. Because there is hope and together, we can inspire change. Social media isn’t David’s usual habitat so while he’s recorded messages solely for Instagram, like the one in this post, we’re helping to run this account. In case you’re wondering, ‘we’ are Jonnie and Colin and we worked with David on A Life On Our Planet. So, as well as sharing the messages he’s recorded especially for this account we’ll also post some exclusive clips and behind the scenes content.

“Stay tuned.”

You can follow Sir David Attenborough on Instagram here. 

A Life On Our Planet will be released on Netflix on October 4th. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.