Sophie Aspin has responded to everyone using the M to the B audio on TikTok

‘It’s not about a bee it’s about ME’

Sophie Aspin, who you might know from back in the day when you used to watch tragic YouTube “send” videos at school, has responded to the “M to the B” audio going viral again on TikTok. 

The original audio was made in 2016 when Sophie Aspin and Millie B changed the Blackpool grime scene forever. On the BGMedia YouTube channel, they went back and forth with diss tracks, publicly airing how much they hated one another. Millie B’s most famous video was simply “Millie B (Sophie Aspin Send)” and Sophie Aspin replied with another track, featuring Little T.

Sophie Aspin, Millie B, M to the B, audio, viral, TikTok, explained, responds, reply, send, now

Millie’s video, via YouTube

Millie B’s song was pretty scathing. It took place iconically in KFC and Lidl and sent for Sophie Aspin saying she was getting murked and asking if she wanted to borrow a blender for her contour. Harsh. After watching the video you’ll definitely have “M to the B” stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

But now, the “M to the B” snippet from the old videos has started to go viral on TikTok. The most obvious example that brought a new lease of virality to the clip came when user @bellapoarch uploaded a  lip sync video of the audio where she used the face zoom filter to give the video a weird tracking kind of style. The video has been viewed over 400million times and has over 35million likes. It’s officially one of, if not the, most liked TikTok video ever. She captioned it “To the 🐝 🐝 🐝 #fyp” and I’m not sure she ever had any idea where the audio actually came from. But now loads of people are doing similar lip syncs to it.

Here’s what Sophie Aspin had to say about the M to the B audio on TikTok:

Sophie Aspin, who the M to the B audio song is about, doesn’t seem too impressed with people on TikTok using it. She particularly called out Americans and people thinking the “B” has something to do with actual bees.

On her own TikTok account, she said: “Can someone please tell all these Americans what’s going on? They’re doing all this M to the B, M to the B, and like they’re following a bee. It’s not fucking about a bee?! It’s about me.”

She’s also resharing and duetting with some more iconic versions of the song, from people who actually seem to get it. As well as those who really, really don’t.

I hope this saga never leaves us.

For more of the best TikTok videos, trends and memes – follow The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook.