This is how much the people on Netflix’s The Social Dilemma are actually worth

The guy who invented the Facebook ‘like’ button is worth $150million!!

Last week Netflix released The Social Dilemma – a documentary all about the evolution of social media and how it basically controls all of our lives now. It’s one of those Black Mirror style docs that will make you never want to look at a screen ever again – until you open Twitter to see if everyone else feels the same. But one thing you can’t help but think about as you’re watching is, what are the net worths of some interviewees on The Social Dilemma?

I mean, they’ve got the guy who literally invented the Facebook “like” button, some of the early team at Instagram and the tech experts behind some of the biggest algorithms in the social media world – surely they are all worth millions and millions now?

Here are the net worths of the people featured in Netflix documentary, The Social Dilemma. Brb, trying to think of an app everyone can become addicted to.

Tristan Harris

Net worth: Up to $5million

The Social Dilemma, net worths, net worth, money, earnings, salary, Netflix, experts, Tristan Harris

via Netflix

Tristan is the main interviewee in The Social Dilemma, where he is described as a former design ethicist at Google and co-founder of the Centre for Human Technology.

In 2007, Tristan dropped out of a master’s at Stanford to create the start-up service, Apture, which he ran until it was bought by Google in 2011. He worked at Google for four years and has since been featured in Fortune’s 40 Under 40 list. His net worth is estimated to be between $2 and $5 million.

Jeff Seibert

Net worth: $1omillion

The Social Dilemma, net worths, net worth, money, earnings, salary, Netflix, experts, Jeff Seibert

via Netflix

In the documentary, Jeff is described as a former executive at Twitter and a serial tech entrepreneur. He is also best known for co-founding Crashlytics, which in a little over a year was acquired by Twitter for over $100 million.

According to reports, his net worth could be up to $10million.

Bailey Richardson

Net worth: In the millions

The Social Dilemma, net worths, net worth, money, earnings, salary, Netflix, experts, Bailey Richardson

via Netflix

Bailey Richardson was one of the first ever employees at Instagram. She helped curate Instagram’s list of suggested follows, so new users didn’t think the app only catered to celebrities (remember those days?).

Being one of the first employees at the company and having shares in it, she was set to make a lot of cash when the app was sold to Facebook for $1billion. She was one of 11 employees who shared $100million of the deal, making her one of the famous “Instagram millionaires”.

Tim Kendall

Net worth: $10million

Tim Kendall, net worth, money,

via Netflix

In The Social Dilemma, Tim Kendall is listed as a former executive at Facebook, former president of Pintrest and CEO of Moment. He is one of the most successful tech businessmen in Silicon Valley and has worked as a product manager at Amazon, a contributing writer for Forbes Magazine, an associate for private equity at J.P. Morgan and then landed his job role of trying to monetise Facebook. He’s now thought to be worth around $10million.

Jaron Lanier

Net worth: $5million

Jaron Lanier, net worth, money

via Netflix

In The Social Dilemma, Jaron Lanier is described as the founding father of virtual reality and a computer scientist. This, plus his work as a writer and composer, has helped him earn a net worth of a reported $5million.

Roger McNamee

Net worth: $1billion

The Social Dilemma, net worths, net worth, money, earnings, salary, Netflix, experts, Roger McNamee

via Netflix

Roger McNamee is an American businessman, investor, venture capitalist and musician. He was one of the most early investors in Facebook. He’s played a huge role in the growth of multiple successful companies and is now an actual billionaire, worth around $1billion. 

But I mean look at him, this guy looks like a billionaire, doesn’t he?

Justin Rosenstein

Net worth: $150million

Justin Rosenstein, net worth, money

via Netflix

Ok, Justin Rosenstein is rich rich. He’s a former engineer at both Facebook and Google, and the co-founder of Asana. He also invented the Facebook “like” button – yes, one single guy came up with that and here he is. Incredible. The feature was originally going to be the “awesome” feature, but now it’s the “like” button. As well as this, he led the projects which came up with Google Drive and wrote the original prototype for what is now Google Hangouts.

Asana is said to be worth $300 million dollars and Justin has a whole load of shares in Facebook, making his net worth a cool $150million. Yes, really.

Aza Raskin

Net worth: $29million

The Social Dilemma, net worths, net worth, money, earnings, salary, Netflix, experts, Aza Raskin

via Netflix

In The Social Dilemma, Aza Raskin is said to be a former employee at Firefox and Mozilla Labs, the co-founder of the Centre for Humane Technology and the inventor of the “infinite scroll”. He is also a writer, entrepreneur, inventor, and interface designer. His father is human-computer interface expert and initiator of the Macintosh project at Apple, Jef Raskin.

According to reports, Aza Raskin is now worth around $29million.

Alex Roetter

Net worth: At least $25million 

The Social Dilemma, net worths, net worth, money, earnings, salary, Netflix, experts, Alex Roetter

via Netflix

Alex Roetter is the former senior VP of engineering at Twitter and had millions of dollars worth of shares in the company. In 2015, he was the third top paid executive aged under 30 according to CNN, with a wage of $19.1million. It’s been a long time since anywhere has reported on his net worth, in 2016 is estimated as being at least $25million. 

The Social Dilemma is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.