Vote: Which TikTok audio is the most iconic of all time?

The renegade just doesn’t hit different anymore

In the future, I’m convinced that there’s going to be a TikTok audio that sums up every period in time, like… ever.

For the old TikTok fans, you know exactly where you were in life when you were inundated with “Dad I’m hungry… Hi Hungry I’m dad!”, just as you will never be able to hear “it’s M to the B” in the future without having flashbacks to late August 2020 where you were having the most underwhelming summer of your life. Basically, different trends on the app adhere themselves to different periods in your life which makes it very difficult to pick between which of them are the best.

Which is exactly what we’re going to do now! We’ve compiled a huge list of only the most iconic TikTok audios from the last year or two to find out one thing – which is the most iconic of all time? There’s a poll right at the bottom to vote in, so let’s see who comes out on top.

This is for Rachel

@jodieburtonThis is for Rachel x ##thisisforrachel ##fyp ##foryoupage♬ this is for rachel act up by trron on soundcloud – biblegrrl

This lude voicemail left for a random woman called Rachel was one of the more bizarre audio clips to go viral on TikTok, but any vaguely quotable phrase with a catchy beat in the background is going to do well, as you’re about to discover with the rest of this list.

You can read the full true story behind the real voicemail here.

Mi pan su su sum

@awa_de_horchata_uwuMi😳pan🧟‍♀️su😎su🥳sum😡su👺su☠️su🤒mi😈pan💩yakakus🤖ñam👄ñam🙇🏼ñam♬ Mi Pan Su Sus – itzmilpops

A dancing animated llama. A catchy tune in a different language. A match made in heaven for instant TikTok viral status. Find out where the song actually originated here.

Shawty a lil baddie

@vlabriolawait for it 💀💀♬ Mood Swings – Pop Smoke

She my lil boo thang 😉

Betty Boop

@ericwakeham##duet with @caleb.finn I-♬ original sound – itssonz

This old OLD tune recently came back up again on TikTok as it was announced by none other than Charlie Puth that he had made the song years ago as a joke, and was now embarrassed to see that it had become viral on the app without his knowledge.

We caught up with Eric Wakeham, who was responsible for making the audio into a fully blown viral trend, amongst other iconic TikTok stars of the past here.

It’s M to the B

@bellapoarchTo the 🐝 🐝 🐝 ##fyp♬ Millie B – M to the B – lamadabe

If you were told that an audio clip from BG Media of all places would become globally viral on TikTok you’d have a hard time believing it, but put it this way – 2020 is the year where clearly anything is possible.

Ameno hatsune miku

@cholalyfeDO RI ME 👁👄👁 ##fyp♬ Ameno hatsune miku – clod_boie

The official audio of the haunting and scary in this world, again it’s another tune that means nothing to us but is instantly recognisable.

Remy boy

@haydensongerthe cringe of this video hurts me ##fyp ##cringe♬ Remy boy – jordanaudiož

Poor bloke. He really made this video thinking it was a fantastic thirst trap, uploaded it wishing for the best and then got collectively shat on by every single person on the internet. Oh well, he introduced many to what is actually a pretty good song, so we cool.

Delfino Plaza bass boost

@trevor.wahli apologize about the lighting problems i have in this ##foryou ##Boorito ##tiktokcats ##CostumeByTheFoot ##characterselect♬ Delfino Plaza but progressive bass boost – .hacky

Delfino Plaza is a place that appears in Mario games, and it has some pretty cool music to accompany. As it turns out, you can make a lot of content from simply adding more bass incrementally.

I’m just a kid

@craigtm0819 years later and Dad’s still got the shirt ##foryou ##dad ##fyp ##imjustakid♬ I’m Just a Kid – Simple Plan

Cheaper by the Dozen had their anthem officially stolen with this one, as it is now synonymous with people recreating old photos with their family and friends.

Chinese New Year

@motokimaxtedI looked like an idiot pls don’t let this flop ##foryou♬ Chinese New Year – SALES

Cor, there was a period where you couldn’t escape seeing lads in their school uniform setting up the camera then running and doing that stupid dance anywhere from the top of the gymnasium to their neighbour’s roof.

Be gone thots

@lorengrayI did something .♬ Be Gone Thot! – Lil Mayo

You may be a man of God, but you’re the one calling someone a thot 🙁

Did I really just forget that melody?

@dudeperfectWorld’s Highest Basketball Shot. WAIT FOR IT… 🏀🏢 ##fyp ##foryou ##dudeperfect ##trickshot♬ Lalala – Y2K & bbno$

How COULD you forget that melody?! Well, he did but we certainly won’t, because this audio was and still is EVERYWHERE to this day.

Don’t be suspicious

@2furclouds😣😣😣 ##dontbesuspicious##puppylove ##samoyed ##samoyedpuppy ##fyp ##woofwoof♬ Don’t be suspicious – dumbbishsauce

This audio came from a scene in Parks and Recreation, which you can see here. It has since had a rebirthing as an audio clip which people use when they’re doing/have done something they shouldn’t.

They do this every year

Another classic mashup, someone inconceivably thought to put a clip of Sid the sloth from Ice Age over Circles by Post Malone and it just… kinda works?

A par tip redact scavern

@matthewnichols02thought this was relatable so ##foryoupage ##foryou ##makeitred ##justdancemoves ##holidaycountdown ##fyp ##viral♬ I can’t – calebcity

What? Perhaps you’ve just woken up and someone is talking to you, or maybe you just didn’t hear them the first time. Whatever it is, this audio resembles every situation in which you’re left completely flummoxed by what the other person is trying to say to you.

I just did a bad thing

@bessyyyjooooohe started so strong but fell so far♬ i just did a bad thing by bill wurtz – flighthouse

If you haven’t heard this one, you’ve definitely heard the one that says “good thing”. The original audio is from a video by YouTuber Bill Wurtz.

Just give me a reason cover

@ashleylearoyd1Wait for it… ##anglesdontmatter ##australia ##funnypets ##fyp♬ Just Give Me a Reason – P!nk

Nah, these kids didn’t realise how iconic this clip would go on to become on TikTok, so much so that it’s actually weird to hear the original after hearing this for so long. Take a look at the video where it came from here.

Huh? What? Okay

@colbycam722This has to be how it happened! ##fyp ##foyoupage ##viral ##onearmstruggle ##sofunny♬ original sound – latinajesus

Me in math class 😜😜😜

Laxed (Siren Beat)

@thesiwafamily ♬ Laxed (Siren Beat) – Jawsh 685

Jason Derulo, THE try hard celebrity of TikTok, recently took this tune and put it in a song of his own. It’s now top of the charts everywhere, and I am calling it that this 100 per cent won’t be the last time this happens.

Vibe by Cookiee Kawaii

@sepnepIM CRYING RN LMAFOOOO ##FYP ##animalcrossingnewhorizons ##ANIMALCROSSING♬ Vibe (If I Back It Up) – Cookiee Kawaii

Any time someone recreates something in Animal Crossing form you just know it’s going to pop off.

I baked you a pie

@jaydencroesIn HoNoR oF oUr MoSt FuNnY tIkToK🤪 @gilmhercroes♬ #IBakedYouAPie – stevenmckell

And finally, we have a proper OG in the form of the “I baked you a pie” audio from The Muffin Song by YouTuber TomSka.