jamie lynn spears trustee

Britney Spears’ sister Jamie Lynn has been appointed her trustee

The move has been signed off by their father

Jamie Lynn Spears has been named the trustee of Britney Spears’ finances through the SJB Revocable Trust which ensures Britney’s money will go to her children when she passes away.

In court documents obtained by The Blast, the trustee will distribute the funds of the trust upon Britney’s death.

The documents read: “Upon the settlor’s death, the entire principal of the Trust, including all accused and undistributed and unrealized income, together with any insurance on the settlor’s life or other assets payable to the Trust as a result of settlor’s death, shall be promptly distributed by the Trustee to the trustee or co-trustee of the BJS Kids & Family Trust, to be held, administered and distributed in accordance with its terms.”

Britney Spears’ father, Jamie Spears, has signed off on the documents alongside co-conservator Andrew Wallet.

Last week Britney requested to have her father removed from her conservatorship but after a hearing in court, Britney’s father still remains in control.

Jamie Lynn Spears has not commented on the #FreeBritney campaign. Jamie Lynn did post a piece about mental health on her Instagram, which commenters said was about Britney, however Jamie snapped back and said: “You have no right to assume anything about my sister. And I have no right to speak about HER health and personal matters. She is a strong, badass, unstoppable woman, and that’s the only thing that is OBVIOUS.”

Britney’s father Jamie has dismissed the #FreeBritney campaign and claimed it is a “conspiracy theory”.