netball position says about you

This is what the netball position you played at school really says about you

Goal Attacks were the popular girls and now work in PR

No matter what school you went to, all girls in the UK played netball at some point from the age of seven to 16. You could have been in the team or barely participated in PE lessons. But the point is we all know what netball is and even if you hated sports, you probably had a favourite position in the netball team.

And which position you chose to play (or given if you were unlucky) reveals a lot about you as a person. Your attitude towards netball is very much the same as your attitude towards life. Goal Defences are aggressive on the court and in life, wheres a Goal Shooter is pretty much a princess whether she’s scoring a goal or on a night out.

Your netball position of choice says what subject you studied at uni, how you act on a night out and what you’ll be up to after uni. Goal Attacks will obviously be in PR.

This is what your netball position says about you:

Centre

Just like the position, Centre likes to be the centre of attention in the game and in life. She zips about the court and always expects to get “girl of the game” for all the running she does, and secretly seethes when the Goal Shooter gets it when all she does is stand there and get passed the ball.

The Centre is a classic over achiever who never tires. She not only excels in sport, but was also in the top set of every subject at school, played a musical instrument and even found time to volunteer at charity shops, because it looks good on the CV.

Just like in a game of netball she pops up at every opportunity and is always in your business even when it is literally nothing to do with her. She knows all the gossip about everyone.

What she studies: Law or Economics

Where you’ll find her on a night out: Dancing

What she’s doing after uni: She’s already got her grad scheme lined up

Goal Attack

The Goal Attack was the popular girl of your year. All the girls wanted to be mates with her and all the boys wanted to shag her. She was actually pretty decent at netball and won’t let you forget about it.

She’s not as ambitious as the Centre but it doesn’t matter because her Tory parents will help her get to where she wants to be, regardless of whether she’s actually qualified for it.

She loves that she has far more power than the Goal Shooter, she can go places and still get the glory of a goal. She can sometimes be a bit of a bitch and the gossip is nearly always about her. The Goal Attack shops exclusively at Zara and gets over a 100 likes on every pic on Instagram.

What she studies: Psychology

Where you’ll find her on a night out: In the loos with the gals taking selfies and bitching about Jess’ new top

What she’s doing after uni: A PR job obvs x

Goal Defence

In life and in the game the Goal Defence will be all up in your face. Some may say she’s quite aggressive whilst others like her boisterous ways. She’s the epitome of a bruh girl. She genuinely loves sports and will be joining a club at uni.

She doesn’t mind getting the odd injury and the teacher never needs to tell her to trim her nails because makeup is the last thing on her mind. She loves a good drinking game and doesn’t take herself too seriously.

She’s actually a great friend to depend on, who will talk things through with you before taking you on a wild night out. She never finishes a night out without getting drunk food. And even though she wasn’t amazing at school she’s somehow ended up at a decent uni.

What she studies: Geography

Where you’ll find her on a night out: Downing pints with the boys

What she’s doing after uni: Moving back to her childhood room and commuting to a job in the city

Wing Attack

The Wing Attack is a serious social butterfly. She knows everyone and you can’t walk through campus with her without stopping to chat to at least 10 of her mates.

Like in a netball match she loves being part of the action and so will always be throwing parties. Though she shouts “here if you need” during a game, don’t expect her to be there on a night out. Her Tinder match just replied and she’s off to his house. Speaking of boys, she’s a notorious flirt who doesn’t think a night out complete until she finds a boy to take home with her.

And if she doesn’t find someone to go home with her then she masks her pain with booze and usually loses her phone, keys or both. Her hangovers are always horrific.

What she studies: Natural Sciences

Where you’ll find her on a night out: Getting off with someone

What she’s doing after uni: Travelling

Wing Defence

The Wing Defence wasn’t tall enough to be Goal Keeper so she settles for Wing Defence as she knows she can still make a contribution to the team, even though she gets no individual recognition. Which is essentially how she lives her life everyday.

She made the group chat, organises all pres, is on time for everything and makes you a cup of tea when you got a 2:2 on an essay. She’s hardworking, sensible and always make sure everyone is in the taxi before you’ve left for the club.

She loves an afternoon watching The Chase, and Gogglebox is her feel good show. She’s had a boyfriend the whole time at uni but you hardly ever hear of his existence. Ok so she may not be the funniest or loudest, but unlike the Wing Attack she actually will always be “here if you need”.

What she studies: History or French

Where you’ll find her on a night out: Holding the Goal Shooter’s hair back in the toilet and shouting for someone to get her some water

What she’s doing after uni: Working for little recognition in an internship

Goal Shooter

She couldn’t manage the effort of all the running about of the other positions so she went for Goal Shooter. She likes that her job is essentially being passed the ball and getting all the glory. Mainly because she doesn’t understand the rules of the other positions.

She is the girl in your house who always steals your food, doesn’t know how to cook and has peaked by 8:30pm. Yet you love her anyway. She’s not the smartest girl in the world, hence why she picked English as a degree. But she always gets a lot of male attention and has an excessive amount of matches on Hinge.

If you get her and the Wing Attack on a night out together you are only in for one thing – a hot mess.

What she studies: English

Where you’ll find her on a night out: Crying or vomiting

What she’s doing after uni: A Masters, the real world is just too much

Goal Keeper

The Goal Keeper is a serious introvert who only got given the position because of how tall she is. She really hates sports but is thankful her running time is minimal.

At school she mainly keeps to herself but really finds herself once she gets to uni. Think Marianne from Normal People. She probably ends up at Edinburgh, smokes ciggies all the time, actually gets good grades on her essays and drinks red wine at parties.

Unlike the rest of the team she will never ever mention that she played netball at school.

What she studies: History of Art

Where you’ll find her on a night out: In the smoking area having a deep chat

What she’s doing after uni: A career in publishing