Meet Dominique Fishback, the actual star of Netflix’s Project Power

How do I become her friend??

Netflix’s latest original movie ‘Project Power’ is currently number one in over 90 countries. It’s got Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but most importantly it introduces us to the legendary Dominique Fishback.

Project Power is about an ex-soldier, a cop and a teen drug dealer (played by Dominique) who hunt for the source behind a new pill that grants the user temporary superpowers. The film received a Rotten Tomatoes score of 61 per cent, but the main thing everyone on Twitter is talking about is how cool Dominique is.

Dominique Fishback is 29-years-old and plays the 15-year-old Robin. She’s been in a number of things before Project Power and was included in Forbes 30 under 30 list last year. This is everything we know about Project Power’s Dominique Fishback:

She’s got a degree in theatre

Dominique studied at Pace University, which is based in New York and got a BA in theatre when she graduated in 2013.

She’s from Brooklyn

Dominique grew up in Brooklyn and went to high school in Brownsville, Brooklyn. She’s always been very vocal about being proud of coming from Brooklyn and wearing it with pride.

She said: “I know that we tend to get a bad rap when we come from places like this, so I carry East New York with pride. I carry my accent with pride. I carry my Blackness with pride. I’m just so ready to take up space in this way and to be myself.”

Dominique has already been in a number of TV shows and films

via Instagram @domfishback

She started her career in 2013 when she appeared on an episode of The Knick, since then she was a series regular on The Deuce and a recurring character on the 2015 mini series Show Me a Hero.

Dominique also starred in the film The Hate U Give and is set to appear alongside Daniel Kaluuya in the film Judas and the Black Messiah, which is a biographical drama film about Fred Hampton and the Black Panther party. The film is scheduled to come out next year.

She’s a spoken word poet

Aside from being a talented actor Dominique is a spoken word poet, which helped her feel connected to her character Robin in Project Power, as Robin raps in the movie.

Dominique performed a poem about her relationship with Brooklyn during her audition for Project Power.

Dominique went as Dionne from Clueless for Halloween

Ok so as if I needed another reason to love her, she also went as Dionne to Halloween. Dominique said they were filming Project Power in New Orleans during Halloween and it was the best Halloween she ever had.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpe2URahdmx/

She said: “We all dressed up — I was Dionne from Clueless —  Jamie rented a bus, Joe brought his kid and we went to Boo at the Zoo. After that, we went to a haunted house, we got to shoot up zombies, we got to do a ghost tour.”

She’s got a load of famous mates

Aside from hanging out with Jamie Foxx on set of Project Power, Dominique’s Instagram is full of pictures with celebs. There’s a post of her with Jay-Z (well she was in his music video), Winona Ryder, Michael B Jordan and Daniel Kayuula.

She’s into astrology and writing

Dominique is massively into astrology – she has a whole text book about it and everything! She also mentioned in an interview she was working on a novel about a romance taking place in 1967, however after the death of George Floyd she stopped until Daniel Kaluuya inspired her to start writing again.

She also plays the piano and paints.

Dominique has nearly 50k followers on Instagram and uses her platform to talk about BLM

Dominique not only uses her Instagram for promo for projects she’s worked on and to post fire selfies, but to also bring awareness to BLM. She posts about George Floyd’s murder, the importance of her natural hair and spoken word poems about racism.

Project Power is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.