Glastonbury might not come back until 2022, say festival organisers

But I can’t wait that long

Glastonbury festival organiser Michael Eavis has warned that Glasto may not be happening until 2022.

He said due to the high numbers of people who go to the festival every year, 250,000 to be precise, it would be quite likely it won’t go ahead next year but that he is going to try and do everything to make it happen.

Michael said: “500 people is OK, isn’t it. But my job, 250,000 altogether, is too many people I suppose, isn’t it really.

“I’m still hoping I’m going to be running next year and I’m going to be moving heaven and earth to make sure that we do. But that doesn’t mean it will necessarily happen. That is just wishful thinking really.”

Michael has previously said they would go bankrupt if the festival didn’t happen in 2021 but has now said he thinks they will survive even if they have to wait until 2022 for the festival to start.

He said: “No, I do not worry at all, I am so confident that it will survive. The only certainty I think is the year after, 2022. To be perfectly candid, so we might have to wait for two years maybe.

“But I am still hoping and we are fighting and working at it all the time to make sure it happens next year. You can’t kill it off just like that. It will come back. It will come back, probably stronger actually.”

Glastonbury was meant to be celebrating its 50th anniversary this year with a lineup including Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar and Sir Paul McCartney. People are gonna have to wait two years now to listen to Taylor Swift with a tinny in hand dancing in the mud.