Ex Cardiff student and Boohoo CEO’s son died of morphine overdose, inquest hears

He was found unresponsive at his home in Kent

Boohoo CEO’s son has been found dead following a suspected morphine overdose in Kent, an inquest heard.

20-year-old Louis Lyttle was discovered unconscious in his room after he didn’t wake up for work at 5am on Monday 20th April.

Paramedics confirmed his death at 6:20 am.


Louis was studying business management at Cardiff University, but left in 2017 to work for his dad at Boohoo as a digital marketer, according to The Daily Mail.

He previously interned with Investec, a banking company, and Religare, a health insurance company before joining Boohoo.

His father, John Lyttle, has not yet commented on the death.

At the opening hearing it was confirmed the cause of death was morphine toxicity. A full inquest will take place in September.

If you or someone you know has been affected by this story, please speak to someone or contact Samaritans on 116 123 at any time. You can also contact Anxiety UK on 03444 775 774, Mind on 0300 123 3393, and Calm (Campaign against living miserably, for men aged 15 to 35) on 0800 58 58 58.

Related stories recommended by this writer:

Anonymous submission alleges Edinburgh student ‘stealthed’ by staff member

Brother of Love Island’s Alex George has died after a battle with mental health

The FBI has exhumed the body of Alonzo Brooks after Unsolved Mysteries Netflix series

Featured image via LinkedIn.