netflix world's most wanted

Netflix’s new doc is about the world’s most wanted criminals who are still on the run

The FBI is offering a reward of $5mil for one of the criminal’s capture

Netflix’s “World’s Most Wanted” is their latest true crime show about the world’s most wanted criminals who are still on the run.

The docu-series will cover the crimes of five of the world’s most infamous criminals, the crimes they committed and how they’ve evaded capture for so long.

World’s Most Wanted will be arriving on Netflix on 5th August and will speak to the authorities who are currently searching for these criminals and the methods they’ve used to try and imprison them.

The series will look into the crimes of British Samantha Lewthwaite aka The White Widow, whose husband was a 7/7 bomber. She is accused of causing the death of 400 people because of her involvement in the Islamic militant group, al-Shabaab.

Félicien Kabuga, who is a Rwandan businessman believed to be heavily involved with the Rwandan genocide, will also be covered in the series.

Another criminal being investigated on the Netflix show is Matteo Messina Denaro. He is a Sicilian Mafia boss who has been in hiding since 1993 and is thought to have killed 50 people.

Denaro is allegedly still involved in the drug trade today – so basically if you’re obsessed with Fear City, you need to add this to your watch list.

The two other criminals in the series are Mexican suspected drug lord and leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, Mayo Zambada. The FBI are currently offering a reward of $5million for his capture.

And the final criminal is Semion Mogilevich, a Russian organised crime boss. Despite all the warrants issued against him he is currently living freely in Moscow.

Featured image credit: Netflix

World’s Most Wanted lands on Netflix on 5th August. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.