Netflix movie Fatal Affair is a mess and these 15 moments prove it

Three minutes in and she’s holding her phone upside down, I give up

The latest in the list of so-bad-you-feel-you-have-to-watch movies on Netflix is Fatal Affair. The psychological thriller tells the story of Ellie Warren, who bumps into an old friend, David, and things soon spiral out of control.

But the entire film just feels a little bit been there, seen this. It’s a categorically trashy movie, but you’re probably going to watch it anyway. Here are some of the moments from Fatal Affair on Netflix which prove it really is nothing but a mess.

*Contains spoilers for Fatal Affair on Netflix*

1. Straight up I can’t take this woman seriously because she takes her phone calls upside down

Fatal Affair, Netflix, movie, film, moments, bits, review, reactions, psychological, thriller

We are three minutes into the film. This is the first time we are properly introduced to Ellie and she’s here taking a phone call holding her phone upside down. Did Netflix even try?

2. The club toilets would just never be empty for that long, sorry

This escalated very quickly, now they’re contemplating having sex just on the sinks in the club. And you expect anyone to believe that nightclub toilets on a Friday night are completely empty? And not a single person walked in?

3. Is David going to just pop up everywhere now? Classic

This feels like a bit of a recycled plot line. David is now clearly finding out where Ellie is going to be and turning up there too – and he won’t stop calling her.

4. ANOTHER MAN ON NETFLIX WHO THINKS HE’S INVISIBLE WHEN HE WEARS A DARK CAP

We took it with Joe Goldberg, but Netflix you can’t pull this shit with us again.

5. These disguises are getting beyond ridiculous now

Ellie, please.

6. David killed two people, wonderful

When we find out that David killed his ex and her new boyfriend this should probably be a really shocking revelation but, I mean, are we really surprised?

7. Hold on, why is ESTELLE in this movie?!

Linda is played by the actual Estelle. Yes, as in American Boy Estelle. I knew I recognised her face but when you work it out you can’t unsee it. ENOUGH.

8. You mean to tell me this guy is a mastermind hacker yet his password is his school crush’s name?

David gives it the big one none stop talking about he’s a top-dog hacker who can get into any system he wants, but the password for his laptop is equal to an 11-year-old who sets theirs a something like “ILoveEllie123”. Sure.

9. Also this tweet. That’s all

10. This kitchen scene was just stressful to watch

She was literally centimetres away from him. He would be able to see her sat on the floor in front of him. End of.

11. Wait, David is DEAD?!

So after all that you want us to just accept that David has taken responsibility for everything and is now literally a burnt skeleton on the beach? What?!

12. NOW HE’S NOT DEAD

Now he’s alive again?! So backtrack, was that man his homeless dad???? And he’s killed him just so it can be a DNA match for him to fake his own death? Where did all this come from?!

13. WHY DID HE HAVE TO KILL SCOTT

What did Scott do to deserve to be killed and just left out there on the porch? Seriously, Scott was so wholesome and innocent, he deserved more.

14. How does this guy have so much strength for someone who’s just been stabbed in the chest?!

David has just been stabbed clean in the chest and now he’s running riot with a gun and rolling around the floor in a fight. This man defies everything I swear.

15. Hold up, where even was the ‘Fatal Affair’???

The movie has just finished and I’m feeling there was a distinct lack of affair? Like, this entire film is meant to be off the back of their “affair” right? They just got a bit jiggy in a nightclub, Netflix where was the AFFAIR?!

Fatal Affair is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.