Nando’s, Greggs and KFC: All the best price cuts across your favourite restaurants

Anyone for a cheeky Nando’s?

Thanks to a massive VAT cut all your favourite restaurants and fast food chains have become much cheaper. Rishi Sunak announced a cut in tax for the hospitality industry from 20 per cent to five per cent.

Some restaurants have chosen to pass the VAT reductions to customers, resulting in cheaper meals.

Here’s the best savings:

Nando’s

Everyone loves a cheeky Nando’s, well now it’s even better as it’s cheaper as well as cheeky. Whilst the majority of Nando’s restaurants are still closed for dine-in, they have announced their home delivery service as well as click and collect.

Reductions across Nando’s differ from a saving of 50p on halloumi sticks to a saving of £5.45 on their platters:

• Halloumi sticks starter was £3.95 and is now £3.45

• 1/4 chicken with two regular sides was £7.75, now it is £6.75

• 1/2 chicken with two regular sides was £11.80 and is now £9.80

• 10 PERi-PERi chicken wing roulette was £10.95, it is now £9.60

• The two whole chickens and five large sides was £43.70, it is now £38.25

KFC

KFC created a page on their website showing menu items that have had a price drop. The 14 items include the 10 Piece Family Feast and the Boneless Banquet Box Meal.

KFC tweeted an announcement confirming price reductions.

10 Mini Fillets have been reduced to £4.99 from £10.00 until Sunday 19th July. KFC also confirmed they were keen to offer discounts on customer favourites: “£1 off ALL our iconic sharing buckets and 50p off many other fan favourites”. KFC has also promised more deals on top of these discounts in order to support the new Eat Out To Help Out scheme.

Wetherspoon

Spoons announced on their website they would also be slashing prices across their pubs: “The price of a number of products, including real ale, coffee, soft drinks, breakfasts, burgers and pizzas will all see price reductions, with all reductions fully implemented by Monday 20 July”.

• A pint of Ruddles Bitter will now be £1.29, down 50p.

• A pint of Doom Bar is now £1.71, a 31p reduction.

• Abbot Ale is down 40p.

• A glass of Diet Pepsi is now £1.69 and a glass of Pepsi is £1.79, both down around 11p.

• Wetherspoon’s breakfast has been reduced to £3.49, saving 41p.

• Pizzas with a soft drink is now £5.49, down 66p.

Costa

Costa tweeted the news to their followers: “Good news Costa lovers, we’re passing back the temporary VAT savings to you. You’ll see the lower prices across our food, drink and Costa Express machines. Some prices may vary in those stores operated by a franchise partner”.

• A small latte is now £2.23, down from £2.55, a saving of 32p

• A 30p saving on a flat white

• Salted caramel brownie is now £1.97, down from £2.25

• A ham and cheese toastie and the bacon bap were both £2.95, and are now £2.58

• A Costa Express regular size hot drink was £2.40 and is now £2.10

McDonald’s

McDonald’s tweeted: “Thanks to the VAT reduction from the Chancellor, we’re reducing the price of many of your McDonald’s favourites from today”.

They continued: “Following the Chancellor’s VAT reduction, we have recommended to our franchises a price reduction on meal bundles and McDonald’s classics, like the Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with Cheese and six Chicken McNuggets”.

The recommendations include:

•  40p off the Extra Value Meals menu

• 30p off Happy Meals

• 20p off Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with cheese and six chick McNuggets

• 50p off breakfast meals

• 30p off a McMuffin

However, customers expressed disappointment that McDonald’s was not passing on the full VAT reduction to customers.

Greggs

Greggs is reducing the price of their hot drinks, sausage rolls and pasties but only if you order them for delivery. In-store, Greggs’ sausage rolls and pasties are not kept heated so they do not incur VAT. However, when ordered for delivery they are kept warm so have VAT on them.

The price of sausage rolls for home delivery have been cut by 15p from £1.20 to £1.05, meanwhile, a steak bake is now 25p cheaper.

Starbucks

Starbucks announced it would pass on the full VAT reduction on its coffees to customers served in company-operated stores. Other shops with Starbucks licenses will be able to decide whether to pass on the reductions individually.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

IKEA is finally launching vegan meatballs called plant balls

I only ate food from the reduced section for an entire week, but would it kill me?

I ranked every Spoons drink by value for alcohol to save you money