New Netflix series ‘Dark Desire’ is like a combination of 365 Days and You

I’m listening

If you loved 365 Days and got helplessly obsessed with You, there’s a new series which is going to be right up your street. Dark Desire is a psychological thriller which is basically a combination of the two – and it’s just landed on Netflix.

The 18-part Mexican series is full of sex and drama. Plus, each episode is roughly half an hour long so it’s perfect for binge watching.

Dark Desire, Netflix, synopsis, series, psychological, thriller, new, 365 Days, You, Mexican

Dark Desire is all about a married professor who has a wild affair with a younger man who turns out to be one of her students

Alma Solares, a prestigious lawyer and college professor, visits her best friend for the weekend to help her to process the grief of her divorce. During the getaway, Alma meets Dario Guerra, a 23-year-old, and they have a wild affair. Alma is unhappy in her marriage, and had already suspected her husband had been cheating on her.

She then returns home to her husband and daughter and is determined to leave the affair behind her. But, plot twist: The man ends up being one of her students – and he doesn’t seem to want to let her go. What started as a minor adventure becomes a dangerous obsession, unraveling a huge chain of secrets.

The story gets even darker when one of Alma’s friends dies in an assumed suicide, but it looks very suspicious. In true Joe Goldberg style Dario stalks Alma on social media and peeks into her windows.

The Netflix synopsis reads: “Married Alma spends a fateful weekend away from home that ignites passion, ends in tragedy and leads her to question the truth about those close to her.”

Watch the trailer for Dark Desire on Netflix here:

Dark Desire is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.