jess glynne

Jess Glynne claimed she was ‘discriminated’ against for wearing a hoodie to a restaurant

People on Twitter are calling her out for her comments

Jess Glynne is facing a lot of backlash on Twitter after claiming she was ‘discriminated’ against when she turned up to the restaurant Sexy Fish wearing a hoodie.

In a post on Instagram she said turned up in her outfit of hoodie, sweat pants and trainers and was refused entry. She said the restaurant was empty and said the attitude of the staff was “pure discrimination”.

She said: “Dear @sexyfishlondon I turned up to your restaurant looking like this and you looked me and my friend up and down and said no you can’t come in and your restaurant was EMPTY. I then went to @amazonicolondon who greeted me and my friend with pure joy and we had a banging meal with wicked service.

“@sexyfishlondon please check yourself if this is how you treat people cause it’s rude, off putting, embarrassing and most definitely not inviting. We were made to wait and 2 members of staff came to look at us and make a decision based on our appearance. I think the attitude of your staff needs to change as that was pure discrimination. Thanks and bye.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCUAdZ8B0na/

Sexy Fish have a clear dress code on their website which requests “that guests do not wear sportswear, beachwear, ripped jeans, flip flops, sliders or workout trainers (smarter, fashion trainers may be permitted).”

Jess’ hoodie and trackies clearly fall under the category of sportswear. Her reaction to being turned away from Sexy Fish got everyone on Twitter calling her “entitled” and that failing to meet the dress code is very different to discrimination.