365 Days is based on the first of three books, and there’s loads more to come

A sequel has been confirmed and we meet Massimo’s twin!!

Right now, everyone on Netflix is obsessed with new movie 365 Days (365 DNI). The fiery film is based on the first of three books, also called 365 Days.

The first thriller film is basically all about a guy in the mafia who kidnaps the girl he’s always dreamed about and gives her 365 days to fall in love with him. Of course, she does. There’s loads of sex and then the ending is the biggest curveball nobody predicted.

But that was just the tip of the iceberg, it seems. Here’s what the 365 Days books reveal about what is still to come. 👀

365 Days is based on a series of Polish-language books by Blanka Lipińska

365 Days on Netflix is a film adaptation of the first of three books by Blanka Lipińska. The three books were published throughout 2018 and 2019 and are categorised as “erotica” and romance” – it’s often called the Polish 50 Shades Of Grey. The three books are 365 dni (365 Days), Ten dzień (That Day) and Kolejne 365 dni (Another 365 Days).

365 Days on Netflix was adapted from 365 dni the book, suggesting there’s a lot more to come if the other two books are adapted too. And after *that* ending to the first film, we definitely need some answers.

A sequel is already in the works, and a LOT is still to come

According to Newsweek, the second movie in the franchise has already been announced, and the as-yet-untitled 365 Days 2 was meant to start shooting this summer in the same Sicily locations as the first movie. However, the current global situation has delayed that. It’s expected to hopefully air in 2021.

365 Days, 365 DNI, books, polish, adaptation, Netflix, film, movie, sequel, next, 2, 3

via Netflix

*Spoiler alert* According to the book, Laura survives the assassination attempt made at the end of the first book and is the main subject in the second. The second book picks up pretty much exactly where the first left off.

The Goodreads synopsis for the second book reads: “Laura Biel’s Sicilian life begins to resemble a fairy tale. There is a boisterous wedding, a husband who will do and give everything for her, pregnancy, gifts and unimaginable luxury: service, cars, seaside residences. And everything would be perfect, if not for the fact that the gangsters are all around, an indefinite crime hangs in the air, someone is constantly trying to kidnap and kill her, and Olo, the best friend, blindly follows her footsteps. Being the wife of the most dangerous man in Sicily has its consequences.”

In the second book we are introduced to Massimo’s evil British twin, Adriano, which sounds like a dream come true if you ask me. Olga and Domenico also start dating, which is no surprise after we saw them flirting in the wedding dress shop. But the real question is what happens to Laura and Massimo. You might be disappointed to learn that in the second book Laura is kidnapped by another man (yes, really) and she falls for him too (yes, really).

via Netflix

The third book is another wild ride. Massimo gets into a heated argument with Laura’s other kidnapper and a fight breaks out. The Goodreads synopsis translated says: “Pregnant Laura is shot. The best doctor’s fight for a woman’s life. Her husband, the head of the Sicillian mafia, must make the most difficult decision in his life – who to save: his beloved or their child. What choice will Massimo make? Will life without Laura still make sense to him? Will he be able to raise their son alone? Millions of thoughts are swirling in his head but none bring relief. He doesn’t know what the fate of his family will be. Whose 365 days will he follow in the third part of the saga?”

Oh, and that’s without mentioning that the third instalment includes Laura needing a heart transplant, Massimo killing her dog and sending it to her in a box, Laura becoming an alcoholic and Laura getting pregnant again.

I can’t wait to waste my time watching every single minute.

365 Days is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.