The BBC has a new drama series about the 2018 Salisbury poisonings

It’s coming next weekend

The BBC’s latest drama has been announced, and it’s all about the 2018 Salisbury poisonings in which former Russian military officer Sergei Skripal and his daughter were poisoned.

The three part drama will be on BBC One next weekend on Sunday 14th June, with two more episodes following on Monday 15th June and Tuesday 16th June.

The dramatisation is being lead by Anne-Marie Duff, who played Maeve’s mum in Sex Education, as Tracy Daszkiewicz, the Director of Public Health in Wiltshire. The three-part drama also stars Rafe Spall and MyAnna Buring.

via BBC

The dramatisation of the 2018 poisonings will tell the story of former Russian military officer Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia Skripal who were found unconscious on a bench in the middle of Salisbury.

The two were poisoned with Novichok nerve agent and the father and daughter eventually regained consciousness nearly one month after the attack.

A police officer was also exposed to the poison after being in Sergei’s home. The series also covers the poisoning that took place seven miles north of Salisbury in Amesbury, where two more people where believed to have been poisoned after finding the nerve agent in a perfume bottle in the bin.

One of the victims, Dawn Sturgess tragically lost her life nine days after spraying the perfume on her wrist.

Watch the trailer for the BBC’s The Salisbury Poisoning drama here: