Sex with someone from another household is now literally illegal

£100 fine for getting laid

New government rules announced today include a clause that bans two people from two separate households meeting up in a private place, aka it is illegal if you have sex with someone not from your household.

Before today’s new rules, meeting for sex in one person’s house would be a breach of lockdown rules, however the new legislation means both individuals could be prosecuted.

This new legislation is part of an amendment to The Health Protection Regulations 2020 Bill which will be presented in parliament today at 11:30am.

The rules also state an individual can only stay over at another person’s house if they have a reasonable excuse. These reasons include attending the funeral of a loved one, moving house, providing medical assistance or if you are an elite athlete training for a competition . Unfortunately a shag just doesn’t cut it.

Breaking the rules can land you with a £100 fine Fixed Penalty Notice, which will go down to £50 if paid within 14 days. You may not be able to have sex but at least you can a picnic in the park with five of your mates from today.

Featured image credit before edits: Dainis Graveris on Unsplash