Narnia, Netflix, The Chronicles of Narnia, Universe, adaptation, reboot

Netflix is creating an original series adaptation of The Chronicles of Narnia

It’s coming soon!!

Netflix is creating an original series based on The Chronicles of Narnia and new images have been spreading which say the shows are finally coming soon!!

The series has been on the cards for a while. In October 2018, Netflix announced it had bought the rights to C.S. Lewis’ piece, The Chronicles of Narnia. Along with this announcement, it was revealed there would also be a  “Narnia Universe” – consisting of multiple movies and a TV show. But since that news, it seemed to go completely off the radar.

But now, people have found the promotional images which say it’s “coming soon” and everyone is losing their minds!!

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Netflix spent nine figures to acquire rights to The Chronicles of Narnia, with the hope that it can deliver multiple TV series and films and help bring subscribers to the platform. Yes, you read that right, NINE. FIGURES.

At the time of the first announcement, Ten Sarandos, the Chief Content Officer at Netflix said: “C.S. Lewis’ beloved Chronicles of Narnia stories have resonated with generations of readers around the world. Families have fallen in love with characters like Aslan and the entire world of Narnia, and we’re thrilled to be their home for years to come.”

It was announced in June 2019 that Matthew Aldrich will be the creative architect and help create the film and show adaptations for Netflix. Mark Gordon and Vincent Sieber will be executive producers.

There are seven books in The Chronicles of Narnia series: The Magician’s Nephew, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Horse and His Boy, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair and The Last Battle. The promotional pictures circulating at the moment cover each one.

We will keep you updated with any more information as it becomes available.

This is exciting!!

The exact release date for The Chronicles of Narnia Netflix series is not yet known. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.