Ryan Murphy is making an AHS spin off called, um, ‘American Horror Stories’?

Surprise bet you thought you’d seen the last of me – Ryan Murphy, at least once a year

Ryan Murphy is, once again, teaming with FX to bring you your American Horror Story fix – this time in spin off form.

Murphy is set to make a series of one-off episodes as an American Horror Story spin off, focusing on individuals characters, called “American Horror Stories” (points for creativity here).

The episodes will be an hour long, as per, and Murphy has been in talks with some of the iconic members of his AHS casts informing them about the spin off.

We’re not currently sure who’s starring in it and don’t have a timeline (due to the rona, of course) but it’s set to come out at some point in the near future alongside a tenth (ten! There’s already been NINE?) official season of American Horror Story.

Murphy posted a picture of himself in a Zoom call with all of your AHS favourites including Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, Sarah Paulson, the guy who plays Tate and the sexy devil man. Oh and Emma Roberts, big surprise.

He didn’t outright confirm that any of the stars were set to play characters in the American Horror Story spin off but his caption does say “[…] the spin off we’re doing called “American Horror Stories” (one hour contained episodes) […].” Not sure if the we’re means his production team, or is a reference to pulling in members of his OG cast, but we can be hopeful. If we know anything about Ryan Murphy it’s that he likes what he knows, and what he knows is Emma Roberts and co.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CADMkeWpZ7N/

As for the tenth season of AHS, that’s American Horror Story not STORIES, it’s tipped off to be based in a beach setting so is very “weather dependent”. This and the global pandemic have put the show’s production on halt, and there’s no guarantee on when it will eventually be released. Murphy told TV line: “A lot of what I was going to shoot was dependent on a very specific moment. It was a weather-dependent show. So now I don’t know. I don’t know what we’re going to do. I don’t know what I’m gonna do next with that show. I don’t know if I’ll accelerate another season or wait till next year to shoot this one.”

AHS has already been renewed for up to thirteen seasons through FX, so there’s no shortage of Ryan Murphy content coming our way. For now all we can do it wait, my pretties. Wait and hope that Kathy Bates comes to save us.