Love Island’s Anna Vakili and sister filmed getting into a fight in Hyde Park

She’s since issued a statement

Anna Vakili and her sister Mandi were filmed in a “fight” at Hyde Park over the bank holiday weekend.

A number of videos and Instagram posts have suggested the two girls were in a fight with a group of teenagers.

Anna and Mandi posted on their Instagrams earlier that day of them in the park. Anna has since come out with a statement saying the group “attacked” herself, her sister, her boyfriend and her cousin. She said one of the group members pulled her cousin down to the ground by her hair. In another clip, it appears Anna is pulling someone’s hair and Mandi kicks someone on the ground

Anna said: “Since coming out of Love Island it’s become normal for people to shout abuse at me in the streets and I have learned to turn a blind eye and remove myself from the situation.

Yesterday I was having a picnic in the park with my sister, boyfriend and cousin when we were subjected to continuous verbal abuse from a group who came near us who were doing drugs. Wanting to remove ourselves away from them we packed up to leave they came over swung at my cousin and there her by her hair leaving her bleeding.

Out of self defence we had to get them off of her and leave. There was a large group of them and not many of us. These are not ‘innocent children’ the guys with them kept shouting they have a gun, and they tried to steal my sister’s phone. I have never had a physical fight in my life!! The violent attack has been reported to the police.

If you watch the long video that’s from far slowly. You will see they started attacking my cousin and swinging her on the floor by her hair. All these DMs and messages from people that weren’t even there. why would we randomly attack anyone??? Use your brains. We were attacked verbally and physically first because they knew me. Everything we did was to protect ourselves and my cousin. Can’t even enjoy a picnic in peace. I’ve just had enough.”

A witness told The Sun Mandi allegedly “striked” a girl in the group. They said: “I could see one of the girls Anna and Mandi were with had been attacked and moments later that’s when Mandi struck one of the girls in the group twice.

“Anna didn’t get physical but was there and involved in the furious argument at the start.”

A spokesperson for Anna and her sister told The Sun Anna’s sister and cousin were  “hit and punched” and “threatened with illegal weapons” in a “unprovoked violent and verbal attack”.