This is how old the cast of Netflix’s Never Have I Ever are in real life

You mean to tell me 16-year-old Paxton is actually 29?!

Netflix has just released its latest high school comedy-drama which we’re all hooked on, Never Have I Ever. But the ages of the Never Have I Ever cast in the show compared to in real life are very different.

In the show they play 15 and 16-year-olds struggling to navigate their way through growing up. When in reality, they’re mostly actually 20-somethings who have life pretty sorted out.

Here’s how old the Never Have I Ever cast members actually are.

Maitreyi Ramakrishnan – Devi

Age: 18

Never Have I Ever, cast, ages, how old, real life, birthday, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, Devi

via Instagram @maitreyiramakrishnan

Devi in Never Have I Ever is 15-years-old. The actor who plays her, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is the youngest of the cast, so the closest to her age in the show. In real life, she is 18-years-old and was born in December 2001.

Darren Barnet – Paxton

Age: 29

Never Have I Ever, cast, ages, how old, real life, birthday, Darren Barnet, Paxton

via Instagram @darrenbarnet

In the show, Paxton is 16-years-old. But Darren Barnet, who plays him, is actually 29. He was born in April 1991. Wow, just wow.

Lee Rodriguez – Fabiola

Age: 20

Lee Rodriguez, Fabiola

via Instagram @leerodriguezz

Lee Rodriguez is five years older than her onscreen character, Fabiola, who is 15-years-old. Lee Rodrigues was born in November 1999.

Ramona Young – Eleanor

Age: 21

Never Have I Ever, cast, ages, how old, real life, birthday, Ramona Young, Eleanor

via Instagram @ramonabishyoung

Ramona Young was born in May 1998, making her 21-years-old, nearly 22. She plays 15-year-old Eleanor in Never Have I Ever.

Jaren Lewison – Ben

Age: 20

Never Have I Ever, cast, ages, how old, real life, birthday, Jaren Lewison, Ben

via Instagram @jarenlewison

Ben is also 15 in Never Have I Ever – but in real life the actor who plays him, Jaren Lewison, is 20-years-old. He was born in 1999.

Benjamin Norris – Trent

Age: Late 20s

Benjamin Norris, Trent

via Instagram @benanorris

Benjamin Norris, who plays 16-year-old Trent in Never Have I Ever is reportedly in his late 20s.

Dino Petrera – Jonah

Age: 29

Never Have I Ever, cast, ages, how old, real life, birthday, Dino Petrera, Jonah

via Instagram @dinopetrera

Jonah is the same age as Devi and her friends in Never Have I Ever, he is 15. In real life Dino Petrera, who plays him, is actually 29!! He was born in 1999!! I can’t believe it?!

Martin Martinez – Oliver

Age: 19

Martin Martinez, Oliver

via Instagram @iammartinmartinez

In the show, Oliver is also 15-years-old. Martin Martinez was born in August 2000, making him 19 in real life.

Richa Moorjani – Kamala

Age: 30

Never Have I Ever, cast, ages, how old, real life, birthday, Richa Moorjani, Kamala

via Instagram @richamoorjani

In the show, Kamala is studying for her PhD, meaning she’s probably mid 20s or a little older. In real life, Richa Moorjani is 30. She was born in May 1989.

Featured image via Instagram @leerodriguezz

Never Have I Ever is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.