This is how you do the genetics heritage filter on Instagram that everyone’s doing

It’s good, simple fun

Rogue Instagram filters have been a saving grace right now as we’re all quickly running out of things to do. The newest one that most people are loving is the genetics heritage scanner filter. This filter scans you and makes you think it’s going to tell you what percentage of a certain nationality you are, but then actually morphs your face into a weird human/animal creature.

This filter merges surprise, ugly faces and animals all in one – the perfect combination to guarantee a laugh every single time, without fail. Get involved, then get your mum involved, then (for some real comedy gold) send to your grandparents and get them to make one. It’s a great time and this is how you do it.

What is the genetics heritage filter?

It’s a filter on Instagram that pretends to scan your face – at first a load of different nationalities flick past (Welsh, French, Italian, etc) as well as a percentage. At this point, you’ll think it’s just boring and slightly problematic but then suddenly it lands on 85 per cent pangolin and morphs your face into a messed up (but hilarious) animal shape. Like so:

There are a lot of different animals you can get. We don’t know exactly how many but we’ve seen crab, mole, rat, dog, pangolin, slug, limpet, llama, wasp and chameleon.

How do I download the genetics scanner filter?

The official name for the filter is “genetics scanner” and it was created by iamcraiglewis2. If someone on your Insta uses it, you’ll see the name of the filter in the top left corner, you can then click on this and save it.

You can also search for the filter on your phone. If you go onto your camera on Insta, scroll right through all the filters at the bottom until you find the search icon. Then search genetics and it will come up, save it onto your phone and you’ve got hours of fun right there.

Related stories recommended by the writer:

• The reality stars with the highest percentage of fake Instagram followers

How to check if someone’s bought fake Instagram followers

Faked in Chelsea: How many fake Instagram followers the MIC cast have